Indicators as DRL's/Marker lights

dave55

Reaction score
I saw an 8P A3 on another forum, (Edition 38) where the owner had managed to get his indicators to light up and use then as marker lights. They weren't full brightness I think he said about 40%.
Anyone else done this and is it just a case of altering a coding somewhere??

Yes, enter a percentage of how bright you want them in the coding of VCDS sorry can't remember off hand which one but along the lines of front indicators as parking light (back up), you'll realise when you find it!

Central convenience coding iirc

Cheers guys. Cruise lights rings a bell.
What's VCDS
Didn't know if it was in convenience (46) or central electrics (09)

VCDS (vagcom) is Rosstech's software for communicating with VAG vehicles, with their interface cable/dongle, you won't be able to do it without it unless you have the official VAG kit

Electrics I think something like that, sorry! Been about a year since I last plugged into the car

I've had a look in central electrics using a vas5051 but I think its going to be case of just knowing the channel number and altering it that way. Does anyone know the channel number to do that??

Not managed to get the car plugged in yet to a vagcom to try this out but as soon as I do I'll post weather it has been succesful

Not forgot about doing this, got to find someone close to me with the right vagcom, tried it at work on vas but couldn't find the right channel number.

You ever managed to get this done mate as looking to do the same? Cheers

Me and a mate had a go about 6 weeks ago but could only get the indicators to come on with the side lights, I didn't want that so not sure if we did it wrong or that's just how it is