1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indicator problems

Grale1 Aug 23, 2012

1. Grale1

Grale1 Active Member

My indicators have started to play up, they have become very intermittent then they don't work, when they don't light up if I push the hazard button they come on..so why I be right in thinking that the switch needs replacing? How easy is it to do? How would I take the steering wheel off

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Replace the hazard light switch as this has the indicator relays in and is a common fault..

Roughly £35

<tuffty/>

3. Grale1

Grale1 Active Member

Is it easy to take that out then?

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

5. Grale1

Grale1 Active Member

Cheers tuffty, great help mate, I will be doing this tomorrow or over the weekend.

6. Arnie013

Arnie013 Member

7. JayP

JayP Member

Changed my hazzard switch recently as my hazzard lights were starting to play up.

Took no more than 10mins. I managed to prise the fascia away then unclip the switch and replace it with the new one. Mine is a 2002 facelift model so didn't have to remove the stereo, I think on the pre-facelift you have to.

Switch cost £36 from dealers.