1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indicator lights does not flash when car is alarm!!

nu boy Feb 11, 2009

1. nu boy

nu boy Member

My A3 1.8T has an alarm malfunction. When I lock with the key fob, the indicator light does not flash and the red door lights do not blink. So there is no indication that the door has been locked. On the other hand when I open the door that's the only time the indicator light flashes.

The siren still works as normal! the problem only occurs when arming the car.

Please help!!
    :thumbsup:

2. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

try switching your sensors on, the door pillar has a sensor button..... it sounds like its arming but not fully...recall my 1.8T doing it when i hadnt closed the doors/boot properly

it could be a sensor at fault if the above doesnt work

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I reckon it will fix itself if you open thee boot and slam it shut.

4. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. I tried opening 1 door at a time and checking to make sure that the DIS shows each door/boot as being open when open and closed when closed. When my passenger door is open on its own my DIS shows that both my passenger and driver doors are open together. I'm going to have the door lock apart and check the sensor at some point.

5. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

a friend of mine had this same problem on his 1.6 A3, it turned out to be a fuse that controlled the interior lights and alarm. Once I replaced that, everything worked perfectly again.

6. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

If the lights do not flash it means the alarm has not fully armed, i.e. a door is still open slightly.