1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indicator / Hazard relay

richh Sep 29, 2009

1. richh

richh New Member

A quick question, so hopefully a quick answer!

I've just had what appears to be the standard relay failure, ie: indicators flash once at the most, and hazards have same symptoms.

Question is, where is the relay - behind hazard switch or in the relay box below steering wheel.
    Also, could someone help me out with a part number/ code as I'm away from home and fair distance from nearest Audi shop.

That's 2 questions actually.

Car is 98 1.8T with a mere 170,000 on the clock.

Thanks

Rich

2. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

Hi
    Yes it is behind the hazzard switch
    You could try part number 8L0 941 059J 01C or ending with G 01C
    Sarah

3. richh

richh New Member

Thanks Sarah - just what I needed.
    Awesome....

Rich

4. Effect

Effect Member

I have one of these brand new unused.
    They are £28 from Audi you can have this one for £20 delivered if you like bud :)

5. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

Stunning!!!!
    Looks like you have an offer of a bargain there ;)
    Nice ending
    Thank you
    Sarah

6. richh

richh New Member

Thanks all round by the look.

Effect - sorry, got the message just too late, picked one up from a local parts place, appreciate the offer though.

Cheers - Rich

7. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

Glad you got sorted
    Sarah

8. wwr32

wwr32 New Member

guys and girls im changing the hazard relay switch on my s3, do i have to take all the front fascia off the radio and air con to access or can i acces the hazard relay by just taking the radio out? help please folks

9. danA3T

danA3T Member

I did mine by removing the radio, I do remember it being a bit of a pain in the **** to do though!!

10. metricspaces

metricspaces Member

11. Kingston

Kingston Member

On a S3 Y reg i have done mine. It was really easy didn't take my stereo out or anything. The hazard switch is the indicator relay. Pop the facia off where the hazard switch, drink holder etc is then use some pliers pull the old one out. Disconnect the plug at the back. Then fit the new one in reverse. The new one slots in. Just noticed the link on this thread. Follow his pics.