Indicator Bulbs: Offset or Straight Pins?

Reaction score
Simple question, owners manual doesn't specify bulb type for front indicators (healight, not wing), bulb websites specify 581's or 382's, seem to remember on my B6 they were 382's... No room behind the headlight to get it out with my stumpy fingers and want to order some chrome bulbs before changing headlight units.

What bulbs does a 2007 (56 plate) A4 take and do they use straight or offset pins?

My DTM's in the garage for a few bits and pieces, one of the things there doing is fitting chrome indicator bulbs. I'll let you know which fitment they are when I collect later today :)

Cheers.

I read something which kind of makes sense earlier. Apparently (not confirmed), opposite pins are for lights which have coloured lenses fitted as standard (amber/red) and are therefor compatible with clear bulbs. Offset pins are for lights which have clear lenses but require tinted bulbs as standard (OEM). But when you go aftermarket you need different bulbs colours etc for different applications, hence the confusion.

This kind of makes sense, so I ordered some opposite pinned ones and hopefully they will be right. Was just trying to get everything before the xmas postal strike so I can fit these buggering headlights. Still waiting on my LEDs... <sigh>

Yup, that makes sense. My previously coloured headlights had straight pins.