Indicating does not give you right of way!!!

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Why do more and more people nowadays just think that because they have indicated its ok to pull into my lane!!!

How about you brake as the car that has slowed you down is in your lane, rather than trying to pull into my lane and forcing me to brake!!!

Oh and it makes no difference at all to me if you are a fellow Audi driver, that has no bearing on the situation whatsoever, drive like a pr1ck then it doesn't matter which car you are in, you are still a pr1ck!!

Then to top it off, floor it in a right turn only lane to then cut me up because you didn't want to look silly in front of your bird!!

Most frustrating bit was I had my lad with me, so all the obscenities from me had to be mouthed rather than shouted!!!

Anyway rant over :)

Have a nice day everyone X

Reactions: TonyH38, Phil-1, Arrkon and 4 others
Well said Nilz, its damned annoying when this happens. Hope your day gets better. :) x

Ive calmed down now thanks Sandra, hope you are well :)

Reactions: Sandra
With you completely, the old training and mantra of Mirror ( then if clear ) Signal, the Manoeuvre seems to have gone out the window. This combined with tail gaiters and middle lane hogs just limits the capacity and is plain dangerous. 10mph over the limit is much less of a danger than the listed "crimes" above!

I agree that it seems some people seem to think that as long as they have indicated it's OK to cut you up. Also does nobody use there handbrakes at all these days. I am fed up of sitting in traffic queues at traffic lights and the like being dazzled by the car in fronts brake lights for 2 minutes while we wait for the traffic lights to change.
Invariably you can also see the cars in front of them also sitting on the foot brake.
People just sit there with there foot on the brake rather than using the handbrake. Has the Driving test changed in the last 5-10 years such that you don't need to use the handbrake ??

Reactions: Jerbla
Yeah, these people are usually so lazy they cant even be bothered to move their hand to operate the indicator stalk, so they just let their finger hit it as they turn the steering wheel to make that manoeuvre in front of you giving you that all important millisecond to brake hard. Thus leaving you subject to angry rants from people behind whom nearly smack into the that of you :think:

Reactions: Phil-1
I get the "here comes a van" mentality, they see me coming and think I don't want to sit behind him, so they pull out in front off me, they don't realise that I'm traveling as fast as a car but can't always stop as fast as a car.

I get the "here comes a van" mentality, they see me coming and think I don't want to sit behind him, so they pull out in front off me, they don't realise that I'm traveling as fast as a car but can't always stop as fast as a car.

Oh no, you're not one of those are you ;););)

obviously I'm joking before you lay into me.

I know how you feel regularly driven vans in past myself, I don't miss it mind you

hahaha, angry van man

Never

Only when I'm driving up the motorway at 60mph and a car pulls out on me giving no option to brake hard. That then makes everything behind me brake. I then have to build my speed up again.

The company I work for have a very strict policy on speeding and road rage.

A couple of months ago on the M6 I had to swerve into the outside lane to avoid a car that just pulled out on me, the car in the outside lane took exception to this and brake tested me. All caught on camera and sent to the police. Never heard anything more.

I see bad drivers all the time. They know exactly what they are doing, and they just don't care. The sad thing is that its not just kids doing it, its all ages.

On the plus side, I'm getting better at ignoring these morons (most of the times)……

I must admit, having the power to close space or manoeuvre and avoid with power to spare really helps, as if anticipate the likely antics you can avoid and in the precess keep the journey smooth and stress reduced.

I did have a dash cam fitted but it broke when I get the next one I'll post up a weeks worth of videos of how many bad drivers I see in a week.

today we had the classic filter on the right of the massive cue on the inside lane, then proceed to force there way infornt of me after iv waited like everyone else, needless to say I didn't let them in and proceed to flip the bird, I then got abuse from him and his misses like I'd done something wrong lmao! Makes you laugh though they hail all this abuse like they are going to ring your neck then when you stop at lights they just sit there lol! Iv recently stopped smoking though and it's calmed me down a lot, before I'd be livid for a few hours, but now I brush it off a lot better thinking what a ***** they are.

I think its maybe an idea to get a dash cam too as there are too many people who have forgotten how to drive with other people on the road!!:banghead:

I think its maybe an idea to get a dash cam too as there are too many people who have forgotten how to drive with other people on the road!!:banghead:

I did, I also caught a cracker last Friday, people that are too stupid too know they are in the wrong lol!

Reactions: mastero
Definitely in the wrong there mate, idiots just stirring things up, just as well you had the cam though just in case. I think now is a must buy for me, haha.

Stay safe on the road people:racer:

and then there are those who think Indicators are not necessary at all on motorways, good job my telepathy is in good working order.