1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inaccurate Service Indicator

PaulBelsham Sep 30, 2003

1. PaulBelsham

PaulBelsham Member

Hi All
    About 5 days ago the DIS started telling me to service the car in 900miles, so I popped down to the dealer and booked it in for the 28th October, I do about 600-700miles per month so I thought I'd be playing it safe by getting it serviced before the counter actually reaches 0.

However I don't think this service indicator is all that accurate because its now showing service in 600 miles, and I definitely haven't done 300 miles in 5 days, I know that this figure is calculated on how hard you drive the car, but I haven't thrashed it in ages, in fact I barely take it over 4K nowadays (conserving the Optimax) I guess it must be based on cold starts and short journeys

I think there's quite a high chance that by the time I take it to the dealers the indicator will be at 0 miles, but does anyone know if it will say -100miles or something like that, and will this affect my warranty at all.

Cheers
    Paul

2. NWMark

NWMark Member

Kevint,

dont most new cars (well the pugs and fords ive owned) have a 1500 mile check, maybe thats what the service indicator is displaying??

Mark