1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In search of a dashboard switch/button - like the ESP one...

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by brixo, Jun 24, 2011.

1. brixo

brixo Member

Hi all,

I want to be able to turn on an external amp in the boot of my B7 Avant - the "remote" cable from the Bose seems to be a constant feed and not really a switched feed.

I want to wire the "remote" wire to a switch on the dash to manually turn the amp on/off. I would like to find a switch that would replace the blanking plates next to the ESP button on the dash...

... does anyone know the part numbers or where I can buy one?

Many thanks...
  2. Chris79

Chris79 On my 3rd A4! RS4 next???

There is a parking distance control button on eBay at the moment.

Kufatec did sell several buttons but last time I looked I couldn't find them.

Chris
  3. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

I saw quite a few on eBay yesterday when I was searching for something else. It just takes having a look and a bit of patience.
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Active Member

There is permanent live to the amp & switched live however the amp & head unit only fully switches off several minutes after the ignition key is removed.

Is there any reason you cannot take a new switched live feed from the fuse box on the drivers side, as that will be far quicker, & you don't have the worry about forgetting to switch the amp off, and end up with a flat battery.
  5. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

when i had my amps fitted in the my cab the switched on and off woth the radio why cant you do it that way ?
  6. brixo

brixo Member

Thanks all. I didn't realise that the switched live stays ON until you lock the car. Very bizarre. I think I will do it that way now.

In previous installs, the remote has been immediately.

Many thanks people.