1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In regards to my possible snapped clutch.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by a3 quattr0, Mar 10, 2011.

1. a3 quattr0

a3 quattr0 New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Right the cars goin into the garage 2moro but just goin 2 expllain what the cluttch pedle is doin at the moment, and see if any1 can confirm what the problem is.

As I explained before I shifted into 2nd very quikly and the clutch pedle droped straight to the florr and wouldn't come back up. I pulled over n pulled it up mytself.

I had to start the car in 2nd as the gears wouldn't go in unless I pumped the peddle a little. Drivin home with my hazards on in 2nd the car clutch would feel like its slippin iff I put a lil pressure on the accelerator.

It feels like the clutch is stuck at the biting point of when I shifted into 2nd when the pedal slammed t the floor originally (if that makes sense).

I've checked the footwell n can't find no broken clips or brackets n upon examining the pedal, the white clip is still onda end of the master cylinder.

The pedal has gone a lil soft and the clutch now engages lower then before, but only maybe engages gears when I pump the pedal for abit.

Any help greatly apreciated.
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. shanejess

shanejess Guest

your master cyliner has gone, your seat clip has snapped also.