1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of Turbo Charger for normally aspirated 1.8

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by aprcy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. aprcy

aprcy New Member

[Aug 16, 2005]
    Hi ,
    i own an Audi A3 1.8 1997 model (non turbo) and i want to turbo charge it but i've searched everywhere for a turbo that would fit on my car but im unable to find one. Making a custom one is not a good idea so please if anyone knows anything please let me know. Any help appreciated. If anyone is selling A3 1.8T engine also let me know.

Thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. cybrey

cybrey Member

[Aug 16, 2005]
    Been discussed a fair few times...

The outcome of all the discussions was that its cheaper to sell your current car and buy a T-Sport. This is not only from the cost of changing the numerous bits that need changing ( its not just a bolt on upgrade) but also the huge cost in insurance. (It'll be a LOT more than a standard T-Sport to insure.)
  4. aprcy

aprcy New Member

[Aug 16, 2005]
    i was thinking of buying a 1.8T but if im not mistaken it will cost me the same with the installation and everything. Of course its much easier to do it this way. The thing is , i didnt find anyone selling such engine here and im looking for a cheap one from overseas , rest of the Europe preferably.

P.S : i know u meant about buying a new car but since its very difficult right now , im seeking for only 1.8T engine

Any help appreciated ,
    thanks in advance
  5. imported_highlander1

imported_highlander1 Guest

6. aprcy

aprcy New Member

[Aug 16, 2005]
    many thanks highlander