1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of reassurance

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by steveh, Oct 26, 2004.

1. steveh

steveh New Member

Hi,

Just sold my car and now looking for an S3. Proving a bit of a mare trying to find the right one (but thats a different matter)

Thing is I have been looking round the forum for some time and becoming increasingly disillusioned (rightly or wrongly) by the amount of problems that seem to be popping up with the S3. I do understand that this is a forum and a place where people ask for advice on their problems so there will probably be a disproportionate amount of posts with regard to this. But can somebody please set my mind at rest that I will not be buying a car which is going to cause me problem after problem.

Also bit shocked at some of the prices being knocked around for repairing these faults. Please, please tell me I am doing the right thing in getting an S3!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dbm

dbm Active Member

I've done 70k miles in mine, about 10k of those after modification. The only thing that has ever gone wrong on my car is a faulty memory module on the driver's airbag.

Any prestige marque of car is going to be expensive to fix if you use a main dealer, though there are a fair number of audi-expert garages around the country that will do the job for less. And although an Audi might be expensive compared to a Ford, it's pretty damn cheap compared to, say, a Porsche!

Cheers,
    Dan

4. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've had 2 S3's and I havent had any problems with them. I wouldn't worry about reliability issues.

At least everyone knows what goes on them and they are easy to fix.

5. tomsinclair

tomsinclair Member

I don't think reliablity is a problem with S3's or Audi's in general. I have had a lot of VAG cars and others besides and found them to be better than the rest I have had. No question of not buying another I have my name down for an RS3

6. steveh

steveh New Member

Thanks for the responses people. Looks like I am perhaps being a bit paranoid about things then (although I spose I didn't expect anything but positive responses from an Audi forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) but seriously cheers.

Now wheres that copy of autotrader.............

7. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

Im thinking of selling my S3 if your interested?

03'03 Imola Yellow/Black leather 15,000 miles
    Not a scratch absolutely immaculate - i am a fanny when cars are concerned
    Factory 18" RS4's
    Facory BOSE 6CD in dash changer
    Factory Chrome mirrors
    Revesing Sensors (For the GF - honest!)
    Centre Armrest/ Blackheadlining

Don't know what its worth though!

8. steveh

steveh New Member

cheers nervus but i think that may be a little over my budget . Sounds like a lovely car though

9. TOM said:No question of not buying another I have my name down for an RS3

even if it doesnt come out the new s3 should be quick enough!!!