In need of an ABS controller

androo700

Reaction score
Ok, so getting sick of the flashing (!) and three beeps on start-up (oh, and my MOT coming round) I decided to whip off my ABS controller and send off to BBA-Reman (who I only ever hear good reports of).

Having heard nothing for over a week (though to be fair their engineers were stuck due to the snow), I've just heard that they've tested my controller and it's failed beyond repair!

They said my options are to get them to post it back to me and pay for postage and the test (£34) or to do nothing and I don't have to pay anything... hmm, I'm suspicious - it's surely not worth that much as scrap metal...

What do I do? This is for a 2.8 Quattro 1999 (facelift model), apparently the Bosch part number is 0273004284.

Any advice, or parts for sale would be very welcome!

BBA have a good rep, didnt they have any recons on the shelf & thats a good price £96 huh, well done.

BBA have a good rep, didnt they have any recons on the shelf & thats a good price £96 huh, well done.
BBA and the likes are just a bunch of thieves... Why its that you might ask ? They open the ABS controller and just bridge one of the connection wich fail due to a short circuit/voltage drop( most of the time when fisconecting the battery !)... and fill the void with silicone ! A bit steep if you ask me. Repairing me Ar$e ! You can do that yourself, there are a few guides on the web ! Even Bosch themselves don't repair these, the chips are die set on an alloy/ceramic printed circuit and even they replace all the PCB as its not easy to re-solder/fix them. If you have the code that the ABS cannot comunicate with the instrument cluster/intermitent and the lights come and go, then yours is still serviceable, if you cannot comunicate with the ABS at all, then the module is goosed and you might as well look for a 2nd hand replacement !

Last edited:
mine had zero comms and it was fixed OK.
£96 for a second hand controller from a breaker is robbery