In dash Flip up 00' Audi S4

Sayre

Reaction score
I was planning on getting a In dash flip up for my 2000 S4, and was wondering if the sound quality will be as good as my stock, I have the Bose Symphony sound system and I wasnt sure if a new head unit will work with the audi Amp etc...?? Thank you

no one knows if an aftermarket radio will have the same sound quality as the stock bose symphony head unit?

If you have the Bose setup, you may have to change all of the speakers in your car, as the Bose speakers are 2ohm, and most after market HU's would run warm if at all driving tham. If you found one that was ok, it would almost definatly a better sound than the Bose IMO

It'll work with the Bose amp, but you need the right adapter as the connector is not standard. The issue is that the best feed for the amp is to use the RCA's but you will get a horrible popping sound when using some of the controls. To avoid this you need to use the speaker input adapter, but this uses a line out converter taking the speaker level back down to pre-out level so not great for SQ.
There is a fix for the popping but it involves modifying the RCA's to include a small capacitor.
Sound quality would definately be an improvement on non-Bose but the Bose system will still be reliant on the Bose amp which has its own EQ built in, so no guarantee it'll be an improvement I'm afraid.