In-Car Screens

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi has anyone here installed a screen and DVD player in their A3, or have pictures?

I was contemplating fitting one seeing as the prices are coming down now and wondering if it would fit in the glove compartment as there is no space in the dash to fit a DIN sized one in addition to my HU........unless someone proves me wrong!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Very nice set up Mo, yeah you guessed right I have an A3! Your DVD player seems to have been installed in a custom panel, is that true and how difficult was it to build as it looks like it has taken the place of the ashtray?

Also how do you listen to your sound system, does the Sat-Nav set-up double up as the HU? I've not used one of them before and curious how it all compares to say, a Kenny head unit and changer. I love the red and blue illumination of the climate control mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Naresh, yes the DVD is fitted into a custom made panel that used to be the cubby hole with the spring operated flap over it, it wasnt being used anyway! The ashtray is still there.
Took me about 4 hours to remove and custom make a lower panel for the DVD unit and it can be tricky if ur not sure what u r doing. I can however refit the original cubby hole if i ever choose to sell the car.
The main display acts as a multi function screen which displays everything from audio setup menus, lists of cds in ur changer through to a fully working sat nav display. Its operated through a complicated looking remote which can be a bit scary to use if its new to u but u get to know the buttons by touch soon enough.
The head unit comes with its own 200w built in amp but i have bypassed that and am running it through the BOSE amp and sub i already have. Definately a MAJOR improvement over the standard HU.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif