1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In car iPhone cradle adaptor

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by schmergal, Oct 4, 2012.

1. schmergal

schmergal Member

Alright guys, I've an 07 A4 avant and want to pair my iPhone 4 up with the in car cradle, what do I need? If its paired the hands free will work won't it? And what else if anything
  2. schmergal

schmergal Member

P.s cheers for any help
  3. Soot1e

Soot1e Member

You will need an iPhone cradle to fit onto the fixed base in the armrest. They are available from dealers at a hefty price, or from eBay. The phone pairs via Bluetooth but the cradle means the iPhone takes its power from the vehicle and utilises the cars aerial
  4. schmergal

schmergal Member

Yeh I see 1 on eBay now, will phone Audi today to get the part number to check, I've tried pairing my iPhone to car via Bluetooth but won't connect, does the Audi Bluetooth come up as handsfree? Can't find any instructions
  5. toastyhamster

toastyhamster Member

I've got the in-armrest phone thing, useless to me as I use bluetooth with a corporate blackberry, can it be removed without wrecking anything, it didn't seem too keen to pop out when I tried prising it.
  6. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

Toasty, dont try and prise out the fixed bit.It will damage something.Like leave a hole, and youd have to cut some wires.Why not get an adaptor that will charge and use the antennae?
    Schmergal, you need one of these that clip onto the mount in the armrest.Depends on which iphone you have.Itll be a while for the 5 though

:NEW GENUINE AUDI APPLE iPHONE 4 & 4S CRADLE | eBay
  7. toastyhamster

toastyhamster Member

Don't need power or a better signal. Blackberry gets charged every night and I don't have any issue with signal, I'd much rather have the extra storage space.
  8. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

Probably a console out job then to remove it properly.Id like to know how to remove it myself as i want to try and extend the flecking useless elbow rest.