1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In car DVD with RNS-E

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jphc, Feb 21, 2014.

1. jphc

jphc RS6 Dreamin'

Ok... So i want to be able to play DVD's via my MK2 LED RNS-E unit. I do t a lot of waiting around and think it would be nice to watch films in the car. I am not bothered about watching them whilst driving though.

My understanding is that you have to have a multimedia adapter plugged into your RNS-E to take AV signal from a portable DVD player, and then it is displayed through your RNS-E screen with sound? Is that right?
    I have been looking at an adapter like this one:
    NEW! Plug&Play AV multimedia interface - RNS-E TV DVD - AUDI A3 A4 A6 | eBay

Is that the correct adapter?

Also; how do you tell the RNS-E to display from AV input. Does it need coding or will it just show up and display when plugged in and turned on?

Thanks Guys

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jphc

jphc RS6 Dreamin'

Anyone :(?

4. Skandz

Skandz Member

thats the right Multimedia inferface i believe... when connected it wont need coding it should appear in your sources menu of the Media option...

as you've got a mk2 RNS-E dont beleieve there is a Video in Motion hack though so you will only be able to watch when parked up..

im sure if im wrong then some1 will correct me but when i was buying my rns-e couple years ago this is what i was advised... unless some genius has worked out a way since

5. jphc

jphc RS6 Dreamin'

Thanks mate. Thats what i wanted to hear. Just quite expensive for what it is. Oh well!