gearbox £200
dash £50
doors £40 each
bumpers £30 each
bonnet £40
heater display £40

do those prices seem cheap, expensive
any advice is welcome.

or if someone want to buy it for 2k come and get it.

All depends what makes of stuff you have mate, ie wheels, suspensions etc. Are the seats leather? Brakes anything special?

brakes are black diamond grooved, with green stuff pads.
wheelsare 172 newer audi ones with new tyres
seats are cloth in black in very good condition

also have a set of black dor cards with the carbon trim stuff. say £70 for those

suspension is full weitec kit

exhuast is full stainless jetex cat back system

do those price on the std stuff look right?

Adam, once you have your prices, would you mind listing them in the classifieds please, as no for sale threads are allowed in the main body. Thanks

If it's any 12V variant, especially a 2,6L, then £500 is way too much to ask for. Complete A4 quattro's, even with the bigger 2,8L 12V, go for anywhere between £300 - £550.

Still, you never know, someone may pay £500, but I doubt it. I sold mine, and didn't get even a sniff near that amount.

if you have the time space and patient wife/girlfriend...you will find you make as much of stupid little things like washer jets and indicator housings as you do off the big stuff.
having just finished breaking two car to bare shells I couldn't believe how many people wanted plastic non moving items that the dealers either no longer carry or want £100's for!

seat belts, vents, door handle, locks, headlinings, door hinges/blocks, window motors, central lock pumps, boot trim, wiring looms, bonnets and doors, glass, sunroof motors..........it all adds up if you have the energy to remove them!

would have to agree with jcb, and ive sold many little bits for more than i expected to
also break everything down to get the best profit e.g doorcards remove wood trim (ive sold for £60) remove speakers (set of 4 £20) remove pull handles (sold plenty at £10 each) and rear winder handles (£15 sold as upgrade for mk1/2 golf) then include doorcards with seats to get rid

panels are the thing i have trouble getting rid of

useful if you describe the car more fully quattro or not etc

its a 12v 2.6
engine is perfect 82k

non quattro

could someone makea short list of what bits are worth, then ill decide weather to stip it to its guts, or part ex it.

could someone make up a short list of what parts are worth? i dont want to rip ppl off, but at the same time i dont want to be robbed

It really varies from person to person. Something that someone might be prepared to pay £40 for, another might not think its worth any more than a tenner.

If you add up the prices of the larger items (use ebay completed items to get an idea of what they sell for) and then just take a bit of a guess for the rest of it.

You'd be surprised how much you can make breaking your car... I got £1200+ for my old Mk3 Golf TDi, which was rusted through. I didn't sell a single panel from the car either.

Still have a few bits here too, and I broke it nearly two years ago. :p

It looks like i may have to break mine then, if thats the case

was looking for another breaker on ebay when i found a familiar purple car, you sold it then?

adam, you need to do your own research as aragorn said start with completed listing search, then id look at current listings, i try to undercut on the more expensive things as to me a quick sale is better than no sale

oh and dont do what i did a few times and list 40+ items on ebay all ending the same day, it takes longer than you think to wrap and post them all

ditto on the things ending on the same day, if you do have a pile of stuff ending at similar times, make sure you use the time when the listing is running to package the stuff up, so you only have to apply labels and off they go, rather than waiting till the last minute.

Also make use of postal couriers like Parcel2Go. They charge a flat fee of around 8 quid, usualy its next day delivery, fully tracked and they pick the stuff up from your house/workplace so minimal effort required!

Anything over about 2kgs is cheaper to send DHL via P2G than messing around with royal mail.

Another tip would be to watch what your doing with obscure items.

I usually start all my auctions at 99p, as it costs me less, and doesnt usually make any bearing on the final price it sells for.

However i recently put an AC compressor on there from my V8, at 99p start, and it didnt get a single bid. That doesnt seem like a problem, bar it not having sold, but it means had one person come along and bid, they'd have ended up getting the compressor for 99p, and its clearly worth more than that.

So if your listing an item thats obscure enough that it might only get a little bit of interest, try to arrange the start price such that its closer to the minimum your willing to accept for an item.

thank you for your advice. ill have a look about, is it worth stripping stuff down, like selling the motors out the doors etc?

i'd say possibly. Trying to sell a door is hard, as people need to live nearby. But you can post a motor... So if its the difference between getting a tenner or 20 quid for a window motor, or getting nothing, then selling the window motor would make sense...