Impromtu Southern Meet

gtdog

Reaction score
Website
www.premierseaschool.co.uk
I need ten willing volunteers to act as passengers for me.
One of our charter vessels has just had the pitch on the props adjusted, and I need to see how she will perform with her normal complement of guests aboard.
What I am suggesting is a run out from Port Solent on this coming Bank Holiday Friday. Probably over to Cowes for a bite to eat and a drink then back later that afternoon.
I will happily pay for the fuel and mooring fees, but cant run to your food and drink.
Need replys soon if poss, sorry only room for 10. First come first serve.

Bu**er, misisng out on this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif aahh but i'm in Salcombe instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MisterD said:
1) Count me and Mrs D in!

2) Sounds fantastic!

3) What time would we need to be there?

4) Can I have a turn on the rudder?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

5) Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Delighted to have you both aboard!
2) Just taken the baffles off the exhausts, it does now!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
3) Port Solent outer waiting pontoon for 1000hrs Friday morning. Look for the boat named Seanna.
4) Absoblinkinglutley!
5) My pleasure.

Suggested itinary for day;
Dep Port Solent @ 1015hrs (ish)
Cruse about the Solent getting a tan
Into Cowes for 1230 ish
Lunch at the Island Sailing Club (Good food and wine, excelent PIMMS! very reasonable prices)
1440 ish Leave Cowes for leasurley or bonkers run back to Port Solent.
We may have another boat out with us taking film and still pictures for marketing. Fun cos it is stupidly fast and the owner is up for a giggle!
1700hrs return to berth at Port Solent.

Can change some of the times to suit any particular requirements.

Weather forcast is great.
Bring sun lotion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Would love to! being just up the road an all that.

Problem is I'm off to Dorset for the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Would love to go, but I'm 400 miles away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

It's all sounding very very good!

Just a note to say, if you don't get enough takers we can bring four more (our two kids + Mrs D's parents) if you need to make up the numbers, as we will all be down that way on Friday. Obviously don't want to encroach on the chance for any other AS.net member to go, though. I quite understand if you can't have kids aboard. (Ours are adorable though!)
Could you PM me with a contact email or number (I can't seem to PM you - not sure why) so we can discuss if needs be?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Ooops sorry!
PMs now accepted.
If you would rather, give me a call on 07979597689.
We should then be able to communicate the old fashond way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Crafty said:
Would love to! being just up the road an all that.

Problem is I'm off to Dorset for the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Go friday evening!
Simple....

Hi George,

Thanks for the fantastic offer!

I am sooo looking forward to Friday. I will be bringing a mate along, i will call you in the morning to check this is OK incase you don't get this.

PS, i would also love a try at the helm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon.

Nice to chat Jon,
All received, see you both Friday morning.

Mr D, Insurers would like childrens life Jackets aboard. If you are able to provide a couple it should not be a problem.

See you soon!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Hi Mr D and Jon!
Lovely to have you with us today, what a break with the weather!
Hope you all enjoyed yourselves, and got a bit of a tan into the bargain.

Mr D, your daughters hat was left behind, if want to call me or send me a PM with your address, I shall be happy to post it to you.

Thank you for lunch, and hope to see you next time.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Gtdog
(Much happy with new props and fuel consumption!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
Is that a Fairline? Are you based at Southhampton?

Would have loved to join you but had exams looming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi excursion
Seanna is not a Fairline, she is a Colvic Atlantic Challenger. Very heavily built, as those with us on Friday should be able to confirm!
Seanna is based at Port Solent at the top of Portsmouth Harbour, allthough we also have boats based at Swanwic (Hamble) and Salterns Marina in Poole.

Sorry you could not join us, hopefully you may be about for the next one.

All the best,
Gtdog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi George,

Thanks once again for the fantastic day on Friday!

We all had a great time, guys, you missed a great opportunity! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon.