Imports and bose

Dumpvalve1

Reaction score
Website
www.bbc.co.uk
How many of the s3's were imported not personal ones but for example ones that were sold by Virgin and jamjar etc and what effect does this have on purchase/sale values IF any? And how many of you guys have cars WITH bose upgrade and how much better is it than sandard, most seem to have bose but ive come across a couple without. Means I'll have to either purchase an in dash cd player or fit a 6 disk changer to the standard set up if its not too much trouble, cheers in advance!

I have Bose and find it great. Its way better than the standard set up i had in the courtesy car but i cant comment on how it compares with the dedicated aftermarket systems. probably not very well as some people will tell you.

Personally i think it looks aweful when an aftermarket head unit is fitted and the buttons/display illuminate another colour.

Mine is a second hand import. Decided the import part wasn't important - getting a non-molested car was.

In terms of Bose - yes, an aftermarket system is always going to be better, but the Bose system is a nice compromise for people wanting a little bit extra without going the whole hog of a custom install.