Impatiently waiting!

Haha oh right! I’m not too fussed then - I usually go for the hand car wash places.

On another note I have the car ready to collect on Thursday afternoon.

Almost there now!
Good luck for Thursday then :)

Hand car wash to avoid:
Lol

Good luck for Thursday then :)

Hand car wash to avoid:
View attachment 140970

That's Brilliant! :haha:

Mine has landed in the UK, just awaiting a call from Audi to arrange pick up date! On a side note my Carbon Collective Kit arrived today :D

Just received a call from the Audi dealer telling me that the road tax has increased for the first year, from the initial £500 to £800! so I'll need to pay the remainder at the door.

Just received a call from the Audi dealer telling me that the road tax has increased for the first year, from the initial £500 to £800! so I'll need to pay the remainder at the door.
I received a letter about this a while back, did you not get one? It said I had the right to cancel the order free of charge if I wasn't happy about it. Looks like I collected it just at the right time...(not the S5 though).

I'd be tempted to say "No, not happy with that, a deal is a deal...you can't change it the day before collection!" ;)

Found it:

letter-jpg.135420

I had the call from the dealer today - car arrived in UK this week! Unfortunately I’m not in a position to collect (because of huge negative equity in my BMW and not reaching VT point until Feb) until March 1st.

Dealer has been excellent about this (it was discussed when I place order at end of August as we thought the lead time was much longer than it’s turned out to be) and will store it safely until March!

I’m so jealous of those picking theirs up soon but at £490 per month for my BMW I’d have to pay nearly £2k to get my S5 now!!! Aaarrrggghh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I received a letter about this a while back, did you not get one? It said I had the right to cancel the order free of charge if I wasn't happy about it. Looks like I collected it just at the right time...(not the S5 though).

I'd be tempted to say "No, not happy with that, a deal is a deal...you can't change it the day before collection!" ;)

Found it:

letter-jpg.135420

I would be tempted to say the same but I just want the car already and I probably wouldn’t get anywhere after fighting with the dealer.

I had the call from the dealer today - car arrived in UK this week! Unfortunately I’m not in a position to collect (because of huge negative equity in my BMW and not reaching VT point until Feb) until March 1st.

Dealer has been excellent about this (it was discussed when I place order at end of August as we thought the lead time was much longer than it’s turned out to be) and will store it safely until March!

I’m so jealous of those picking theirs up soon but at £490 per month for my BMW I’d have to pay nearly £2k to get my S5 now!!! Aaarrrggghh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh wow it sucks to be in that position! I’ve still got a BMW 530d E60 which I’m still paying off as well. Hoping that it sells sometime soon. Only paying £270 on that for now anyway.

1429782181419.jpg

Well, its arrived!

Shall probably call Audi to arrange a pick up or see how it's going to work!

Reactions: S32B
Finally got my car today and picked up from Audi. The process was a little lengthy due to the PCP finance agreements etc. but I've finally got it and had a day of driving it around. I've still got an andrenaline rush from the speed of the thing.

I'm very happy with what I have and the config I went for, very impressed with the Full beam assist headlights - they worked very well!

A couple of things that were a bit fiddly:

1. The passenger side window didn't automatically go up or down on a full press like the drivers side window did. The next time I turned on the car it was working fine. I had tried the push the button down and wait 10 seconds and then bring it up for 10 seconds thing but don't think that had an effect.

2. I expected more from the B&O sound system, but it still is a great sounding sound system, I'm just being picky here

3. I can't figure out how to select music from the steering wheel, I connect my iPhone up to bluetooth and my music list shows up in the car, trying to select a song doesn't have any effect and I have to go for the manual method of doing it.

4. The out of the box settings for ambient lighting are not setup correctly, they don't even light up the foot wells. I had to create my own profile in Individual for things to look real cool (I went with blue to match the colour of the car)

5. Apple Car play SUCKS! It's not an issue with Audi, but I'll definitely be staying with the Audi MMI

I posted a few photos up on imgur for anyone to see, hopefully will post more this week.
EDIT: it seems Audi sport has a weird way of showing imgur albums, just click on the imgur logo in the album below and it'll take you to the full photos.

Looks nice mate, are those tan seats? I like them if they are :)

Looks nice mate, are those tan seats? I like them if they are :)

Audi don't do Tan on the seats - they're Magma Red, I'll get more pics of the interior in soon.

Audi don't do Tan on the seats - they're Magma Red, I'll get more pics of the interior in soon.

Come to think of it, I can't recall seeing Tan seats in any Audi?

Just to add, I'll be signing my documents next weekend and then picking up the car the following weekend on the 25th! This is going to be the longest fortnight ever :D (Wish I could pick it up in the week but I'll be at work and won't have time, so I have left if for a weekend where I can enjoy the car for a bit, and clean her up too)

Come to think of it, I can't recall seeing Tan seats in any Audi?

Just to add, I'll be signing my documents next weekend and then picking up the car the following weekend on the 25th! This is going to be the longest fortnight ever :D (Wish I could pick it up in the week but I'll be at work and won't have time, so I have left if for a weekend where I can enjoy the car for a bit, and clean her up too)
Did you also get the updated bill about the road tax increase?

Did you also get the updated bill about the road tax increase?

There was no mention of this over the phone, mine is PCH (where the road tax is included) as I'll be replacing the car again in two years. I can't imagine they will change the price as I've signed an agreement already. But if they do, I will not be happy in the slightest and will be likely to kick up a fuss! :gun2:

Signed my final financial documents this weekend just gone, only 5 more days to wait! Salesguy still wouldn't let me see the car as he said I should get the full reveal experience which I'm all for! :D But thought I should add that the contract price didn't alter, actually came a little cheaper than what was quoted back in June. (about £20) so no changes with the emission changes.

This is going to be a long week.... Hopefully being busy at work will speed things up.

Reactions: Sandra
Signed my final financial documents this weekend just gone, only 5 more days to wait! Salesguy still wouldn't let me see the car as he said I should get the full reveal experience which I'm all for! :D But thought I should add that the contract price didn't alter, actually came a little cheaper than what was quoted back in June. (about £20) so no changes with the emission changes.

This is going to be a long week.... Hopefully being busy at work will speed things up.

Lucky for you. My financial documents were signed electronically - so just went in signed and was given the car. Everything did take a while. My PCP didn’t change - I’m guessing it could change with a lease but not with PCP?

Lucky for you. My financial documents were signed electronically - so just went in signed and was given the car. Everything did take a while. My PCP didn’t change - I’m guessing it could change with a lease but not with PCP?

I'd assume so yes as PCH and PCP are calculated differently, one for Hire and one for ownership.

These sound systems need a little fiddling and then take time to bed in.

The speakers usually need a little time to settle in and the sound improves somewhat. Also the settings need fine tuning from the factory defaults.

The speakers usually need a little time to settle in and the sound improves somewhat. Also the settings need fine tuning from the factory defaults.

Apologies, I've just understood that you're replying to Sandeep regarding B&O. You didn't give any context which confused me.

long time dormant lerker here....

I am also watching with eagerness to find out where my S5 SB is!
Ordered on the 16th August. Its been sat at Emden for about 10days, Ive been watching the Weser highway and Makassar highway and anything else Emden-grimsby, but this morning it changed status to 'on the way'. I can only assume it is on the 'City of Paris' heading to Newcastle. dealer is Aberdeen so makes logistical sense. Ive been pushing for it to be ready for me coming back ashore from work in the north sea, as I could drive it home. However I'm due off on Thursday and that's looking impossible factoring in transport dock-dealers, plus PDI and registration. darn it.

Gone for a Navarre blue SB with privacy, flat bottomed wheel, virtual dash and folding mirrors.

after 2 Mercedes diesel coupes. I missed the power of my old V8 S5, so reverted back to the four rings :)

long time dormant lerker here....

I am also watching with eagerness to find out where my S5 SB is!
Ordered on the 16th August. Its been sat at Emden for about 10days, Ive been watching the Weser highway and Makassar highway and anything else Emden-grimsby, but this morning it changed status to 'on the way'. I can only assume it is on the 'City of Paris' heading to Newcastle. dealer is Aberdeen so makes logistical sense. Ive been pushing for it to be ready for me coming back ashore from work in the north sea, as I could drive it home. However I'm due off on Thursday and that's looking impossible factoring in transport dock-dealers, plus PDI and registration. darn it.

Gone for a Navarre blue SB with privacy, flat bottomed wheel, virtual dash and folding mirrors.

after 2 Mercedes diesel coupes. I missed the power of my old V8 S5, so reverted back to the four rings :)

Just out of interest, have you had a test drive of the new S5’s? Just asking because a lot of previous V8 S5 owners aren’t a fan of the V6 Audi have put in to the facelifted models.

Yes I've had several drives of my brothers black '17 sportback. Nothing beats the grumble of a V8 but the V6T is a good engine still.

Funny, It'll be my first actual time driving the S5 when I pick it up on saturday. :D

Funny, It'll be my first actual time driving the S5 when I pick it up on saturday. :D

I think you'll have a lot of fun driving. I've already racked up 1100 miles and it's only been 11 days! Mainly just the thrill to drive a new car - I'll calm down soon haha.

I think you'll have a lot of fun driving. I've already racked up 1100 miles and it's only been 11 days! Mainly just the thrill to drive a new car - I'll calm down soon haha.

I hope so! Have the weekend and the monday to play so :D

Also one thing I found to be real cool was the driver assistance features of the car. Lane assist steered the car most the time for me on the motorway I always felt the steering wheel move itself even when I was going to do it myself.

A mixture of Lane assist, traffic jam assist and cruise control end up making the car drive itself, it's pretty good when you're stuck in traffic. This even can work in speeds up to 80mph (I haven't, and probably won't try this though).

Also one thing I found to be real cool was the driver assistance features of the car. Lane assist steered the car most the time for me on the motorway I always felt the steering wheel move itself even when I was going to do it myself.

A mixture of Lane assist, traffic jam assist and cruise control end up making the car drive itself, it's pretty good when you're stuck in traffic. This even can work in speeds up to 80mph (I haven't, and probably won't try this though).

Got to be freaky at first though!

The proper test is to put a blind fold on and let go of everything at 79 mph :D