1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imola yellow with painted grill surround

vetch Jun 12, 2009

1. vetch

vetch S3

Are there any Imola S3 owners out there who have de-chromed/painted their grill surround?

It looks the business on darker coloured S3s, but I'm undecided whether I want to do it to mine.

2. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I think it would look good if you did it black mate. Or for something a bit different you could do it colour coded like mine :hi:

[​IMG]

3. jim s3

jim s3 Member

yes mate
    [​IMG]

4. vetch

vetch S3

Thanks for the pics lads. I'm pretty sure it would look terrible if I body coloured it, works a treat on your car Westle, but thats because your car isn't bright yellow methinks!

It does look good on Jim's car though, I think I'll keep the Audi rings chrome, to match the mirrors, but painting the grill surround freshens the front end up a bit and makes look a bit a meaner.

5. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I was going to do the rings black but I think it does need to stay if you have the chrome mirrors.

6. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

I agree and even if no chrome mirrors it needs to broke up or it just looks **** IMHO
    I reckon it might be carried off if it was stealthed all over as in wheels,lights,windows tinted.