Immobilizer?

GeorgieS3

Reaction score
Strange one today. Just finished fitting my FMIC, put everything back together - including the battery which is almost dead which was sonly disconnected for about 30min.
Anyway, went to start the car for a test drive and it only just started. Then went dead with the immo light on the dash. The clocks didn’t light up either. Kept on trying but am I right in thinking that for some reason car immo is stopping the car from starting.

Put the battery on charge for a few hours and hopefully it works when I try again. Going to plug into vcds also but only got lite so not sure what I can do with regard to coding car to key.

This happened to anyone before?

The immobiliser cuts in after the engine has started, so it fires then dies. My car doesn't run at all with an FMIC hose off - is that possible?

No can’t be that I’m 100% sure, it does start - then cuts out 1/2 senconds later. The DIS doesn’t light up.

an immo triggered would still light the up FIS

sounds like ultra flat battery to me

Reactions: GeorgieS3
I even tried with jump leads and it still did the same? No date or mileage lit up, nor the dials. Going to order a new battery and try again anyway.

Mine did this due to a wiring fault between cluster and ECU. DIS doesn't light up because the cluster recognizes the key, but that signal never reaches the ECU. Any chance some wiring got damaged anywhere? Checked all fuses?

Hmmm that’s a thought, I don’t think so. My only worry is that my bonnet was up and down for a good 3-4 hours in the ******* rain. Maybe a short somewhere - I’m going check all fuses and scan the car once the new battery arrives. Hopefully it’s not the ECU:weary:

Take off the wipers, and rain tray, pull he scuttle off and then check hits at the ecu end?

Check hits?

sorry I don’t get you, will check to see if there is any water there though. Any sort of auto electrics is not my strong point.... haha.

Ok mate cheers. I will have a look and see what I can see.

Mine did this due to a wiring fault between cluster and ECU. DIS doesn't light up because the cluster recognizes the key, but that signal never reaches the ECU. Any chance some wiring got damaged anywhere? Checked all fuses?

Do you remember where abouts your wiring was damaged?

Thanks guys. Always want to try and do my best before getting someone else to come and try sort it!

Mine was on the loom in the scuttle panel, running from the ECU to the inside of the car...

Did you end up checking the fuses, or scanning for codes?

Reactions: GeorgieS3
Doing it tomorrow night, only time I’ve got chance as the car is kept on my mums drive at the moment. Ok cheers dude.

So

an immo triggered would still light the up FIS

sounds like ultra flat battery to me

You were right, new battery in and she fired up as good as new - running perfect despite being out in the open for 2+ months in this weather.

Taken for a good blast this evening and I can really tell the difference with the new “welly” cooler.

I can stop panicking now and get the car ready for spring/summer.

Yeah man! Been so worried since Saturday that it was going to be a nightmare to sort....
Alls good! :racer: