immobilizer light on - Car won't start

TDI

Reaction score
Not sure what's going here, can't start the car the light is on the dashboard..have changed the batteries in the remote fob, but still no joy car doors open fine with the key, and start the car but it cuts straight away. Any ideas fellas??

Have you tried another key if you have a spare?

Could be a problem with the immob receiver, which isn't sensing the key signal. A friend at work has a 2001 TT, which does this intermittently and moving the keyfob about seems to fix it.

I know it's not much, but hope it helps.

Have you tried another key if you have a spare?

Could be a problem with the immob receiver, which isn't sensing the key signal. A friend at work has a 2001 TT, which does this intermittently and moving the keyfob about seems to fix it.

I know it's not much, but hope it helps.

Alright mate

i have tried both keys. it is intermittent i was thinking about getting the keys reprogrammed, but don't want to spend money at stealers and have the same issue later on.

Cheers
K

iirc, if the battery is low, the car won't start. It might be the problem. Not sure though. But as said above, it's normally the receiver to look at first

do a vagcom scan and see if anyhting comes up

The bttery strength is irrelevent to the immo system as thats handled n a different manner. It may be worth checking the connections under the steering column as sometimes they can casue problems, or as a temp fix, push the steering wheel slightly closer to the dashboard, that can allow you to start the car sometimes as the loom is no longer being tugged upon