1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

immobilised

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by arthurfuxake, Oct 22, 2006.

1. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Oct 22, 2006]
    Hi,

I had to be flat-bedded home last night from Keighley. I was very taumatic form me seeing my baby in that state. She'd just had about 10 hours of excellent valleting, so was looking pristine:o.k: , but the immobiliser has thrown a wobbler:sadlike: . The little orange immobiliser light just flashes when I turn the key, and the engine starts for a second, and then turns itself off. The actual locking and unlocking from the key-fob still works though.

Audi roadside assist reckon that the key and the immobiliser have lost synch with each other. They explained(over the phone) 2 ways of trying to re-synch them involving various sequences of button presses, but none have worked.

They now say that I will need to have the car and key re-coded.
    Has anyone else experienced this and have any suggestions for me to try to save me a trip(and probably hefty bill) to the dealers? Is there a fuse I can pull which resets the immobiliser? Any help appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. inigoj

inigoj Member

[Oct 22, 2006]
    Do you have another main key that you can try, to determine if the fault is with the key or the car?

The immobiliser capsules are very very difficult to damage when they are within a key/remote.

Not sure what keys you get with a B6 chassis, but a valet key etc could give the same results (engine start then engine stop).
  4. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

[Nov 8, 2006]
    there is a fuse for the instrument cluster,try that first.
    otherwise anybody with vag-com or similar can re-code(try back of autotrader) dealer charge around 100 mark. you can try a company called AES VEHICLE RESCUE thats if you have one in you area
    35 pound they charged me!:jump:
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 8, 2006]
    This is a common problem, chances are you don't need a recode. Try moving the steering column up & down. There's a wire that gets loose overtime on the ignition barrel which causes the code to be read incorrectly. There's a diy fix on here somewhere.
  6. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Nov 9, 2006]
    Sorry guys, I should have posted up here after I had it fixed. It took the dealer 5 minutes to recode the key and car.