1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immo recoding problems

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by Broken Byzan, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ok i have an ancient inherited 312 Vagcom on the laptop i bought from the 'Bay many moons ago and want to add an alternative ECU to my immo2 1999 A4.

I have the 4 pin SKC and login no problems, i can adapt the dash to the new ECU and the immo light goes out.

I try to start the car and it shows classic immo problems, upon reading the codes i find the dash is clear by the ECU shows immo prevented engine start.

I followed this to the letter, http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/immobilizer2.html

The same proceedure worked when i recoded the same ECU to my 1998 car, which i assume is immo1.

Is there something i am missing? Or are the later non serial cables able to do things that this one cannot?
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ok went through the procedure with a later VCDS Ver 805.4 and the same results. The immo light goes out, but the car will not continue to run.

I am going to try an ECU reset first and try the dash again, see what difference it makes if any.

Any input would be appreciated
  3. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Are immo 1 & 2 components compatible mate & dont know if the key immo chip is an issue here aswell, I looked into immo versions ages ago & its such a minefield mate I tell yer, some real anomolies cropped up for me like a B7 key was coded into a B6 car namely my S4 even though they shouldnt work apparently.