Imminent RNS-E Install...

As per my PM, I supply/fit mate, I'll reply to your latest shortly, just gotta backlog to go through.

ok fella, just trying to get things sorted thats all:yes:

Just so I know when I eventually get a RSNE when I swap the pins for the Bose where so the aux wires Pi into allowing the aux to work on the RNSE?

Why does the blue pin need moving and what does it actually change? Is it easy to hear the differece?

Aux wires go into 32pin connector on rear of rns, pins 6, 21 & 22 iirc.

Aux wires go into 32pin connector on rear of rns, pins 6, 21 & 22 iirc.

yep think your spot on NHN, looking at my concert HU and RNSe; Aux R (blue) = Pin 6, Aux L (green) = Pin 22 & Aux Gnd (yellow) = Pin 21
do you need to code the Aux input back in via vcds?

all i got to do now is get them out of the housing, tricky things they are!!

Didn't realise there was a PM qualifying post count, NHN could you email me costs for supply of new RNS-e and fitting to a 2012 BE sportback.
Many thanks
Simon
simon@waxattack.co.uk

Think I'll need to buy the 32 Pin AMP Connector to get the AUX wired in. Does anyone have a part number for the connnector and housing that fits into the quad-lock??

yep lad, still having problems :banghead:

getting there though, sure the sound will be sweet soon :yes:

how things going with yours? goochy lad

Last edited:
Didn't realise there was a PM qualifying post count, NHN could you email me costs for supply of new RNS-e and fitting to a 2012 BE sportback.
Many thanks
Simon
simon@waxattack.co.uk
Simonj, I'm total newbie in here, do I understand you right, do we need to be "qualified" to sent a pm to another member in here??? I've sent a pm to NHN, but hasn't got an answer yet, hopefully because he's busy:/

Simonj, I'm total newbie in here, do I understand you right, do we need to be "qualified" to sent a pm to another member in here??? I've sent a pm to NHN, but hasn't got an answer yet, hopefully because he's busy:/
\\

I believe so, i also sent a PM to NHN but no reply to date.
Simon

All right , sounds strange that we have to be "qualified" hmmmmm, but thx for confirming, I hope you ( and I ;) ) will get an answer, or we will " be seen" in this thread........
:)

i have ordered the 32pin connector today, does anyone have pics of the exact process regarding the aux wires? is it a simple pull em out of the blue bit its in now and into the 32pin connector, then that fits in the quadlock?

looking at my concert HU and RNSe; Aux R (blue) = Pin 6, Aux L (green) = Pin 22 & Aux Gnd (yellow) = Pin 21
do you need to code the Aux input back in via vcds?

hopefully someone will but pin locations are taken of my RSNe

I havnt forgotten anyone, just having some net issues atm, so please dont worry I will reply to everyone asap.

I know where the wires go now, what about how to get them there? i.e how do they connect to the 32pin connector? and how does the 32pin connector connect to the rns-e?
Mayb it will be clearer when i get the connector,
Sorry if its stupid questions..

have you looked at the quad-lock? look at the photo's earlier in this thread

32 pin connector uses the same pins as the aux uses on the quadlock, just remove these by removing the 12 pin connector from quadlock with a thin screwdriver to push down on the locking tab, then the wires slide out, then reinsert into the 32 pin numbered holes, then plug into the rear of rns above the antenna connectors, trust me its so obvious with connector & rns in hand :)

Last edited:
ok lad. need to get the 32 pin connector. the rsne was destined for the bin, hopefully things on the sound front will start to improve

Nah dont bin, let me get my hands on it 1st lol.

on the back of the original quadlock there is 2 blocks one green, one blue, they both have the same coloured wires in.
Is it the wires from the blue block only that is the aux wires?
and the green block stays in place on the quadlock?
pic below to show what i mean..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345809305441535

Ok, all 3 wires go into the same connector, so look at top of your old radio on the label & it will be very obvious mate :)

BT under passenger seat, cutout the foam thats there now, bond the module to this with some bubble wrap on top for good measure & tight fit & refit foam in place again using the locating lugs/holes in foam so cant move, gps antenna fit with 3-4 layered double sided foam tape to the right of the passenger air vent.

You need to code rns, bt for comfort control aswell.

Thanks, i knew it would need coding, just thought it may still be showing when i tried to pick it up on my phone.
Hopefully all is good and it will be working fine when coded.

Bose cable now moved to Pin 7 and 32 pin connector on order, already sounding alot better :yes:
i'm liking my RNSE again :wub:
any advise on extending the 3 AUX cables, so that i can relocate them into the new connector?

Last edited:
which way did you do it goochy lad?

Rob I just pulled the wires out of the quad lock. I identified them from the wiring diagram on the Symphony 2. I then slotted them into the 32 pin connector which I got from Audi whilst looking at the wiring diagram on the RNS then had it coded. Works a treat.

I still have the BOSE wire disconnected as it made no difference to the sound. I now think it sounds great. I do think you have to wait a few thousand miles for the whole stereo to "bed in" and loosen the speakers up a bit.

Very happy with mine now. Volume still an issue but hey I can live with that especially as it only when on low