1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm wondering what colour wheels......

S3MVR Feb 13, 2012

1. S3MVR

S3MVR Member

My 18" ttrs reps i got of reesy are looking a bit sorry for themselves and I'm going to refurb them.
    My s3 is silver, and for me, the silver wheels just look dull dull dull. I really fancy sprucing them up with a colour. Black is the obvious, but I've been toying with graphite grey, white, or maybe even a lairy red or orange!
    I realise this won't go down well with the purists, and they will tell me to sit down and stop being silly, but I just want to make the s3 stand out, but in a good way obviously.
    I'm rubbish with computers, so haven't mastered the photoshop technique, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any thoughts.

2. S3MVR

S3MVR Member

[​IMG]
    This is how it's looking at the mo.....

3. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

i still think black...always looks the nuts on a silver car IMO

4. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Gunmetal grey,looks expensive and makes the car look great,miss mine in gunmetal!

5. egesford

egesford Member

not a huge fan of coloured wheels, but i saw a silver porsche with split rims which were silver/baby blue. looked quite rude, not sure it would work on your wheels tho

6. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

see i LOVE oem wheels in bright silver, they look clean and fresh. but like you i wanted something different:
    [​IMG]
    on my ming blue S3.

i dont think this colour would suit your silver S3 but i think a gunmetal in a similar darkness to the grey blades/bumper inserts would work well.
    alternatively you could be brave and go for a dark bronze/gold colour, that would contrast nicely. as an example:
    [​IMG]

7. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

Anthracite FTW.