I'm thinking of selling....what should I do? Any ideas?

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
I have to say that I'm thinking of selling my S3 and wondering where anyone thinks is the best place to sell it or have it broken up.

Have a good specification etc...but just fancy a change after 4 years. Been toying with selling it for a while but having spent a lot on it, have always maintained keeping it on for longer than expected. It's an awesome vehicle but I'm just getting itchy feet.

I've also had my head turned and been eyeing up RS4's (all rounder but expensive to run), A5 3.0 diesel's (torque monster), M3's (had one but boring styling) and, for the first time, porshe 911 (997).

I guess I've got used to having a certain level or performance under my foot and would want to retain that. There seems to be a lot of cars out the at the minute and I'm amazed at what you could pick up.

Anyone else been in or in the same boat and offer any thoughts?

What sort of budget do you have in mind for the new vehicle?

I personally have been looking at a Porsche 911 turbo (996)

(but I also have a secret want offor an Evo 8 FQ MR 340)

What sort of budget do you have in mind for the new vehicle?

I personally have been looking at a Porsche 911 turbo (996)

(but I also have a secret want offor an Evo 8 FQ MR 340)

thinking of around £17k...but you never know

There any specifications you need at all?

E.g 4 doors, age, mileage?

I know you have mentioned M3....but how about an M5 V10 :D

Used BMW 5 SERIES (E60/E61) M5 2006 / 06 stunning ! for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 863793)

Or keeping with the German theme...

Used MERCEDES SL55 AMG V8 KOMPRESSOR AUTO WITH FULL ... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 868093)

But to stay within this forum.....the RS4

Used AUDI RS4 B7 QUATTRO PEARL PHANTOM BALCK for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 922629)

Edit as I forgot about the porker turbo...

Used PORSCHE 911 (996) TURBO 2001 for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 937393)

Reactions: Jimgrim77
No ****** wants a 996 (perceived reliability issues) hence the 10k price tag. Also, Porkers are very colour-sensitive on the s/h market.

I'd get a B7 RS4 on that budget, however, I managed to average 14mpg in my friend's over a weekend and that'd sting in the long-term ownership stakes...

I've been considering a B7 RS4 for a while now but maintenance costs are putting me off, just check out the costs of consumables such as discs and pads.....let alone the fuel consumption!

No ****** wants a 996 (perceived reliability issues) hence the 10k price tag. Also, Porkers are very colour-sensitive on the s/h market.

Pretty sure a few of my mates that own 996's all said it only affects the early 996 cars up to around 2002....but the turbo model and GT2/3 are not an issue as they are dry sumped

Regarding the RS4, my house mate decided not to get one as the running costs were so high, £2000 for new pads and disks. Eek!!

I would say Porsche or RS4.

If you fancy sumthing a bit different then i think this will be up for sale soon around the £17-18K mark:

8189341054_22856d6a8a_c.jpg

8192463433_05ea96182d_c.jpg

Another vote for a porker. 997 would be good shout, but I would also be looking at the Cayman S which will just about fit within your budget. Some say[in a Jezza monotone] the Cayman is the best handling Porsche. *nods head.