1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm thinking of a wheel change.... Red a4

rob irl tdi Dec 29, 2010

1. rob irl tdi

rob irl tdi Member

My Lm's are only on a few months, but the salt has got to them. No sure if a metal polish can bring them up. I was thinking of changing them

What wheel is best suited to a red a4 in your opinion??

2. holmefield

holmefield Member

I think that the A4 suits big alloys 18" @ least + they look good with either a nice deep polished lip ( not good for winter thou ) or an alloy where its got some concave to it.Rotas are good but Expensive, BBS CH are another good one + i'd go for something different if i was you.

I ran 19" Porsche Cayanne alloys 9 Js front and rear last year on my A3 and i never saw anybody else with them.

I've got my new alloys sat in the cellar waiting for spring i've gone 19", 9" up front 10" out back mega deep concave @ the rear, but keeping it all a secret for now as i've Never seen another A4 running them !!!

3. holmefield

holmefield Member

I think that the A4 suits big alloys 18" @ least + they look good with either a nice deep polished lip ( not good for winter thou ) or an alloy where its got some concave to it.Rotas are good but Expensive, BBS CH are another good one + i'd go for something different if i was you.

I ran 19" Porsche Cayanne alloys 9 Js front and rear last year on my A3 and i never saw anybody else with them.

I've got my new alloys sat in the cellar waiting for spring i've gone 19", 9" up front 10" out back mega deep concave @ the rear, but keeping it all a secret for now as i've Never seen another A4 running them !!!

4. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Metal polish will not work unless you remove the clear coat/lacquer with paint striper or similar, when i bought my LM reps from merseyspeed they asked if I wanted the clear powdercoat option which is diamond tuff. The wheel's are now 2 year's old and have been through one full winter.

I would keep the wheels and have the lips done by a good powder coater.