1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sure this has been asked before many times but

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by mo0, Nov 12, 2004.

1. mo0

mo0 New Member

[Nov 12, 2004]
    What's the most common method of getting an amp power lead from the battery to the boot?
    Im sure there's a post that tells you how somewhere but i can't find it!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. JamesT

JamesT New Member

[Nov 12, 2004]
    Usually on most cars there is a small whole in the back of the engine bay near the glove box that you can squeeze it through. If not it's suggested that you drill one and plug it with a gromit to avoid water seeping in. I haven't fitted an amp to my A3 yet so not sure if this hole is there or not. check it out.
  4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 12, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    JT 1.8T said:
    Usually on most cars there is a small whole in the back of the engine bay near the glove box that you can squeeze it through. If not it's suggested that you drill one and plug it with a gromit to avoid water seeping in. I haven't fitted an amp to my A3 yet so not sure if this hole is there or not. check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

DRILL A HOLE? NOOO!

If you remove the scuttle panel under the windscreen, you will see the pollen filter on the passenger side. Now under just infront and to the side of this is a rubber blanking plug about 15mm diamter. I made a slit in this and fushed the power leads, and any other leads needed through it. This way you dont have to make and 'holes' and you can run the cable up the trunking behind the airfilter for a nice tidy install. The cable will then drop down behind the glove box just in the right place!

Rich
  5. mo0

mo0 New Member

[Nov 12, 2004]
    nice one i found this plug under a pile of leaves earlier but didnt know where it led, ill go do it now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  6. mo0

mo0 New Member

[Nov 12, 2004]
    ok one more question, i just went for a drive without any of the rear interior in, and under hard acceleration theres a whooshing noise that gets louder as the revs go up, coming from somehting in the BACK of the vehicle? whats that??
  7. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

[Nov 12, 2004]
    nooooo dont use the plug in the top of the scuttle pannel by the pollen filter, there is a plug at the back of the engine bay that you can poke the lead through. if you do it in the top then you are quite likely to get a water ingress( ive seen it loads of times!!!)
  8. mo0

mo0 New Member

[Nov 12, 2004]
    ok it was the fuel pump
    finally worked it out
    *cough*