I'm new - S3 Help Wanted Please

Parf7

Reaction score
As I stated this is my first post so please be gentle & understanding. I'm about to sell my Porsche Boxster (Winters coming and it wont get used) I am undesided to what to buy next but last night desided to look at S3's. I know very little about them so can some help me with..,

I believe the car had a facelift(s), when was this and what are the differences?

What comes on the car equipment wise as standard?

What extras should I be looking for?

Are there any particular colours/interior colour that are to be avoided (hard to sell on)?

What colour does the car look best in? (I know this is down to personal preference, but what shows the lines off the best)

Performance, how much better, if any, is the 225Bhp over the 210bhp? Did any thing else change or just the bhp figure.

ANy other advise or opinions are welcomed

Thanks

Good choice of car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1. Facelift came in at the end of 2000 so you want to be looking for an 2000 'X' plate and onwards for the single piece headlights, updated rear lights and a updated (and in my opinion better) interior styling

2. Pretty much everything that isn't listed below but some people try to say Xenons are options but they were standard, leather electronic recaros, climate control, electric everything, alarm/immobiliser

3. Armrest, Third Rear Headrest, Uprated BOSE stereo (choice of 3 I believe), Passenger Airbag Deactivation, Sunroof, Alcentara inserts on seats, Aluminium Mirrors (came standard on late spec models)

4. Not really, it is all personal preference although some colours will sell easier than others.

5. Personally I don't think Silver does the S3 justice (or any of the S cars) as you can't see the extra sexy bulging lines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So I thin bright in your face colours (yellow, red, blue) look best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. Don't worry about getting a 210 or 225 model as it's only an ECU change that gives the 225 extra power and with a simple re-chip you will see 260-270 easily form either version /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope that helps a bit.. Oh, I'm selling my facelift S3 in Imola Yellow if your interested: www.maxdracing.co.uk

Cheers
Jon