I'm New. Buying Help

rich-hill@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Hi Rich, looks like a nice clean car....your best doing a search for this type of info, theres loads of posts like this....

in short check if the water pump was done when the cambelt was changed as theis is prone to go at around 80k and requires cambelt removal.... also check for knocking when driving from the bushes and the usual stuff like cream under the oil cap (not always bad)....i personally would get an AA check done if you dont know ya way around a car mate

good luck!!

Tim

86k is fine, the engine's on these cars go on forever, car looks nice, i have a 52 reg, 03 plate s3, same as one in pic, same wheels, but silver, immaculate condition, and i am after £6000 ono for it, http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/876888.htm, granted it has 20k more miles, but they are mostly all motorway, car is immaculate,

Hi Rich, looks like a nice clean car....your best doing a search for this type of info, theres loads of posts like this....

in short check if the water pump was done when the cambelt was changed as theis is prone to go at around 80k and requires cambelt removal.... also check for knocking when driving from the bushes and the usual stuff like cream under the oil cap (not always bad)....i personally would get an AA check done if you dont know ya way around a car mate

good luck!!

Tim

Thanks for he advice. I will ask if the water pump has been changed as well. Is their anyway i can physically check this though? Other than the chap saying so?

I only ask about milage as i had a bmw at 120K which was apparently ment to go on forever, and everything seemed to go wrong with it

No real way of checking the waterpump to be honest, just one of those things AFAIK, apart from that, just check all the electrics are working properly, and the mileage thing, a car is only as good as its been looked after (not saying you didnt look after the BM) but you know what i mean (hopefully) :)