1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im looking for a program/app that is good to edit/play with photos to help me..

Discussion in 'Photography & The Digital Darkroom' started by S3 Paul, Feb 14, 2013.

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

[Feb 14, 2013]
    I have a Sony DSLR camera an ipad and a laptop...
    Ive seen people use instagram and the like. can anybody recomend me a good program? im a complete beginner to editing.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. deci

deci Active Member

[Mar 6, 2013]
    I use snapseed and VSCOCAM with IOS. Nothing else compares.

These were all taken with and edited on iphone 5:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 6, 2013]
    Love the pics, especially Brooklyn Bridge, I have walked across it many times. :) x
  5. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

[Mar 6, 2013]
    Adobe has a couple of apps for Android but the best for the PC is Lightroom.
    Adobe for Android is free, no idea on Apple.
    Adobe Lightroom for PC has to be paid for, unless Adobe still has some free old software to download.
  6. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

7. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

[Mar 6, 2013]
    Photochop is on the apple store, its abit fiddley but very good for cutting multiple images onto a main background image, also brushs for the ipad is good for all kinds of photo trickery, and then theres the usual ones for editing contrast and other things but there are alot of them about.
  8. deci

deci Active Member

[Mar 6, 2013]
    For my pro workflow I mainly use Photomechanic, Lightroom 4, PS CS6 and Alien Skin Exposure 4. All are great. The only one that I couldn't live without is LR4. All of these programs offer fully functioning demos. LR4 is extraordinarily good value.

If its ipad you want though, I've tried most apps and snapseed and VSCO rule. Even just snapseed on its own is brilliant. Made by nik software who've produced some great pro-level editors for PC/Mac. I've got 3 DSLRs, a Fuji X100 and a few great film cams... all I generally take with me on holiday/city breaks these days though is my iphone 5 and those 2 apps.
  9. Laurie in Zim

Laurie in Zim New Member

[Jan 4, 2014]
    Hi S3 Paul , You have probably been using something by now but have a go at Picasa it is a free download around 10 GB I find it easy to use and a great feature set and after doing what you wont to a photo you can adjust the file size before sending it to wherever , I do the editing and resizing of the file and send it to my desktop where it can be accessed by any program on the net for upload. When you install it it will search your computer and load all picture into the program so you can have access to start playing with them as I said it has a great feature set for everything including making gift CD. If it is running in the background then what ever is on the screen whether on the net or in a program you can do a print screen ( key on the key board ) and it will be taken into Picasa to work with here is a one of Picasa. Fullscreen capture 8202024 65346 PM.jpg
    Give it a go just do a net search for picasa and download it