1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im going to have a dealer problem and i need help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chris6t9, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Chris6t9

Chris6t9 Member

Hi guys,

A month ago my girlfriend bought a ford focus 1.6 tdi, with full ford service history with 98k on the clock. Had a turbo at 90k which i thought was a bit early, which was done in september 2012.

Anyway after 14 days of getting the car the oil pressure light came on (apparently the dipstick pushing against the sensor). Went to the garage which cost the dealer 200 and me 75. (also included a new injector seal because i made them check the injectors)

Now the turbo has gone at 99k. I spoke to the guy who did the first turbo and he has said that its been replaced twice and they wont do it again as the warrenty covers from when the first turbo was replaced. He has urged me to contact the dealer to give me my money back.

Now when i contact him what can i say? Hes not going to just agree so what can i threaten him with to take it back? The car also came with 12 months warrenty via warrenty direct, but i was told im only going to have more problems with this car so i should get the dealer to take it back.

What is the best way to go about this! help!

Thankyou!
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. Innocence80

Innocence80 Member

If it's still within the 30 days, you can take the car back and ask for your money legally. Outside of that, I would get some legal advice from trading standards as the vehicle is not fit for purpose.
  3. Chris6t9

Chris6t9 Member

It is within 30 days (only just) he wants it to go to a garage near him, so i said thats fine. Guess we will go from here, but if he just sticks another turbo in it then i dont want it back. Dont think ill settle for anything less now than a new engine or all my money back...

4. Innocence80

Innocence80 Member

Personally I woulnd't even bother taking it back to the garage. They have repaired it once and tried to do it again, so I would be going for full refund.
  5. Chris6t9

Chris6t9 Member

This is a different garage. The garage it went to before (the one i spoke to) was with the previous owner.