Im going to bite the bullet.....

Drizz

Project Plush
Reaction score
Im going to order the Frankenturbo for mine!
As i have no idea what i need to do/change im starting this thread to try to help me specifically with this conversion.
Any help on a shopping list/to-do would be incredibly helpful.
Ive decided on this over the Scroll due to the supplied manifold and pipework etc.
So, please help :)

If your still running the standard map, then throw in a 3" MAF housing (the frankens silicone hose expects one anyway) some C20LET injectors and a 3 bar pressure regulator, and you'll be looking at 250-260hp without doing anything else. The ignition timing wont be perfect, but marks car seems happy so far as long as its kept on 98octane fuel.

Obviously you can then go on to get it mapped properly to extract the maximum from the turbo and tweak the timing so its spot on, and a FMIC is probably advisable too.

Thats exactly what i wanted. Cheers matey. Guessing maf is a VR6 item with my internals?
Ill be fitting a FMIC when it goes on anyway so thats fine. And standard CLET injectors yes?
Any recommendations on who to set it up?

MAF can be a VR6 item ye, and just transfer over your sensor. Standard let yellows and there are plenty of 3 bar regulators on the ebay.

Mark is onto someone at the moment to try and sort out a tune, but i'm not sure who. Our ECU's are a bit odd because they cant really be livemapped, the map needs flashed onto a chip and fitted to the ECU, then run/logged and then modified and flashed on/fitted again.

I just thought, i have some spare yellows here, one needs a pintle cap as the fitted one is cracked(plastic).

Its ok fella i used to run a vauxhall breakers and did vauxhall engine conversions! i wont bore you with my vauxhall history lol
Im sure ive got yellows kicking about!

Well i bought a VR6 MAF yesterday. One issue though, the rest of the car came with it LOL

Have you ordered it yet?

I am thinking of getting a TIP from Slappy, and wonder if we can combine postage etc. No problems if you don't fancy it etc

Right complete change of plan. Cars going so if anyone wants it whole, or bits off it let me know as ill be breaking it if enough interest!

why the change of plan? what you got lined up?