1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm back....

JayB5UK Oct 12, 2007

1. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

Hi all, after about 5 months of having sold my 1.8T Sport, buying a new 'bike and getting soaked riding it in the "summer" , buying a Volvo 850 T-5, selling it for a £500 profit and buying the Mrs. a new car and enduring her old battered 306 Dturbo for a bit, i've ended up with another 1.8 T Sport.

Bought an Avant this time, picked it up today after a long day's 400 mile round trip, including the F'ing M25 this afternoon!

Will post up pics - and a few questions, in the next few days, so it's Hello again to the best car forum i've ever used.

Time for a few Stella's now as it' too dark to clean the car up...

2. Markey

Markey Active Member

Nice one welcome back then :)

3. macattax

macattax Member

Good choice ! Welcome home m8 :beerchug:
    So you will probably have to start modding all over again from scratch or has it already been modded?

4. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

NO!!!!!!!!

Don't say the 'M' word!

It's a bog standard one, I do miss the Revo, but it's goes OK on the Motorways, which I always thought was the A4's forte.

I will miss the 2nd gear punch, but now I have a bike to mis-behave on, I think the performance will do me as is. I bloody hope so anyway! LOL

5. macattax

macattax Member

Famous last words!
    Ill give you at least 3 months and you will probably be doing something to the car lol

6. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

welcome back mate what bike have you got.

7. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

Here she is.

[​IMG]

First mod is gonna be a bloody good detailing, oh and some better speakers, but ICE is essential, not really "modding" ! LOL

motorbikez - I am a Honda man too, working my way up, due to buying our first house a year ago- I have a so called "sensible" VFR 800Fi-X right now, I LOVE the V4, especially the noise now it has a Scorpion race can on it, although I think a 2000-ish RRY Fireblade is calling! VFR is quicker and nimbler than I had expected though, my bro was very surprised when we had a head to head against his 2002 GSX-R 750, considering the bike weight difference and I am about 3-4 stone heavier than him too! I've seen 160.

8. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

Going to get the cambelt, tensioners & waterpump done first actually, just for peace of mind, but typically, my insurance renewal is tomorrow! AGH
    The work i've been quoted £250-£280 + approx £30 for water pump at the local Skoda dealer round the corner, genuine parts and no ****-take prices!

9. Stringster

Stringster Missed gear

Welcome back Jay - good to see you back in the fold!

10. Markey

Markey Active Member

Not bad at all that price nice one :) its well worth getting done asap

11. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

motorbikez - I am a Honda man too, working my way up, due to buying our first house a year ago- I have a so called "sensible" VFR 800Fi-X right now, I LOVE the V4, especially the noise now it has a Scorpion race can on it, although I think a 2000-ish RRY Fireblade is calling! VFR is quicker and nimbler than I had expected though, my bro was very surprised when we had a head to head against his 2002 GSX-R 750, considering the bike weight difference and I am about 3-4 stone heavier than him too! I've seen 160.[/quote]

VFR is a nice bike I had one on loan last year while mine was getting serviced handles very well and pretty quick too I think good handling due in part to more upright stance than sports bikes.

I'm thinking of chopping my blade in after christmas and possibly getting a bmw K1200R sport had a go on one 3 weeks ago and was well impressed ,again it has a more comfortable upright stance and goes like F--k

12. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

:sign_welcome: back to the site. Car looks mint. :icon_thumright:

13. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

Yeah, doesn't give me backache either when i'm out all day on it. Tempted to do some European riding next year. I like the new generation BMW's, am a fan of the Boxer Cup too. Have heard a few reliability issues with some of the K's though as they use a lot of CAN or BUS controllers apparently, also silly things like the clutch being an engine out job!

14. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

Dude, welcome back!!!!

15. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

I haven't commited to anything yet and havent heard anything about reliability issues but I will look into it before I chop blade.Same as you what I like about K1200r spt is no backache and suits my frame better I,m 6'1" and getting a bit old for pure sportsbikes.

16. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome back myman it was only a matter of time before you came back.

17. billybravo

billybravo Active Member

go back to where you came from lol :)