Im back, picking it up soon

dieseldoos

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I was on here a few years back when we had our A4 B8.

I sold that and replaced it with a BMW 645 convertible. Lovely car, but still had an urge for an Audi S5, so in the hunt for an S5, I fell for a 3 year old A6 S line, and a deal was done!

Engine is a drop, coming from the rumble of the V8, back down to a 2.0 diesel! (But running costs and future family etc play part of that to!).

Its not really specced much more than standard, (would have liked the tech pack), but it had some charm sat on the forcourt, and the test drive!

The VCDS will be coming back out, I have some other plans for it, pics and updates will no doubt follow.

Reactions: Jakes2514 and Audimad
Great to see you back. Can't wait to see the pics. :)

Reactions: scottshere
Welcome back.

Very few tech packs out there - I looked for months for a pre owned car with the right spec, color and the tech pack and ended up having to buy new and spec it from the factory.

I had A4B8 before my A6 as well, didn't have a stint in a V8 Beemer... As much as I would have loved to ☺️

P.s. Like your handles... Doos as in box or the other type of Doos (p.s. If you aren't South African this will make no sense hahaha)

Well today was supposed to be pick up day, but they called me yesterday to delay it until early next week as its not ready! Grrr!

I have a little pile of goodies waiting for it allready, and my window tint guy is ready to do the rear windows.

I hope the delay is worth it, I am looking forward to this car.

My username stems from something my late father did when he was in the navy back in the 60s, that resulted in him getting put in isolation for a week on board as a punishment (senior officers had no sense of humour!)

Reactions: Sandra
That's not good, lol. You will have to find something else to do now with your weekend. A few more days will feel really long for you, but it will pass quickly. We all looking forward to the pics. :)

Shes here!

At the showroom

And allready had the wheels resprayed

Time to start the tweaks, and get it from dealer clean, to my clean!

1st impressions, I am loving it.

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
Shes here!

At the showroom

And allready had the wheels resprayed

Time to start the tweaks, and get it from dealer clean, to my clean!

1st impressions, I am loving it.
Looking good and was worth the wait. Hope you really enjoy it. :) X

Today I have swapped all the interior bulbs to the led ones, inc the door/puddle lights, done a few tweeks with VCDS and fitted my DTUK box.

Hopefully the mats should arrive tomorrow, and I am going to see when I can book it in for the windows to be tinted.

Then the calipers are getting painted black, and a full detail will be order of the day.

Apart from the fact it has not got heated seats (will miss these in the winter months) I am loving this car.