Illuminated door sills, not sure I like em ....... or do I??

Russboy

Reaction score

Can't decide if they're tacky or not! Which means the probably are!

Think i'd like them more if they said "S4". Also not sure i'd be wielding a chisel in the manner he does!!!

They not tacky. They actually cool, imho.

A3 sedan have them. At least, the guy I know had them installed in he’s A3. Nit the exact ones but genuine ones.

These are even better as light illuminates slowly the whole trim.

Cool and simple mod. I would go for it personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are definitely tacky, as are the Audi rings or quattro door ground lights. If you are under 25,you can get away with having them. Otherwise no.

I'm 60 I have them, and I dont give a monkeys what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xpoweruk, RS5 JON, Russboy and 5 others
I'm 60 I have them, and I dont give a monkeys what you think.

Lol, well the vote so far is 3 to 1 in favour, i'd think adding my opinion i'd make that 4 to 1 in favour.

Out of interest which ones do you have & were they expensive? Some seem to be in the hundreds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but some are genuine piece added on when ordering the car directly from the dealer.

Door sills you are showing are China made and to me, quality can be spotted right away.

It is personal choice of your, to fit them or not, as whoever knows these thing will notice the difference also.

Even if manufacture cost was not more than a bowl of rice, I still like them.

Yes, but some are genuine piece added on when ordering the car directly from the dealer.

Door sills you are showing are China made and to me, quality can be spotted right away.

It is personal choice of your, to fit them or not, as whoever knows these thing will notice the difference also.

Even if manufacture cost was not more than a bowl of rice, I still like them.

I'm kind of on the fence leaning more towards the like, think that would definitely move to a really like if they said S4. But then I suspect Chinese ones are the only option, but plus point is they are nice & cheap!

Well i got an audi torch in my fag lighter, i think illuminated sills would be a step too far for me

Dunno about anyone else but my heart was skipping beats watching him open the door with a metal chisel in his hand and then using it to prise the sill plates off :wtf:

Whether you like them or not they are tacky, some people like tacky though so that's fine.

Dunno about anyone else but my heart was skipping beats watching him open the door with a metal chisel in his hand and then using it to prise the sill plates off :wtf:

Yeah I know & he's not exactly delicate removing them!