IHI turbo upgrade on my S3

andreitentean

Reaction score
I put on my S3 the IHI VF34 ball bearing turbo with custom downpipe, 550 injectors and tial external wastegate.
I wanted to tell you guys because you can not find info about big turbo upgrades so easy on this forum. the power on the dynapack dyno is 365 bhp with 1.5 steady boost until 7500 rpm. The car goes great , better than stock (like drivebility,not power) and the lag is the same as k04 if not lower! this ball bearing is incredible.

Sounds good mate!

Just out of interest where from and how much? and would you say that its worth it?

I am from Romania, so UK is not an option for me.
I went to DYNOTECH in Greece. Before my departure I tried to encourage myself that is not a bad choise for modifing my beloved car. After arriving , I was astonished by the enourmous tuning market that they have. Every big company in motorsport is represented, they have everything on stock.
Because of engine size taxes the 1.8T engine is very comun in Greece and is very modified by young owners. In 2 weeks (spent even the holliday in Greece) I haven't seen a stock S3! and believe me I didn't stay in the hotel, Theo (owner of Dynotech) got me out every night , even at ilegal street racing.

I payed for the kit : turbo,downpipe,exhaust manifold,tial external wastegate,setrab front mount intercooler,injectors,air filter,remap --> 8500 EUR

Im very happy with the feel of the car after modification. In my opinion is much better than standard. Not from the point of view of power, because that is obvious, but in overall drivabilty.
First of all the power is continous , without any decrease, until 7500 rpm. The boost presure is constant at 1.5 bar.CONSTANT! until 7500 rpm.

I recommend this kit even for somebody who does not want big power, at 1 bar you have 300 bhp and a natural aspirated feel of the engine, the harder you rev it the stronger it pulls.

I have finished everything yesterday and I have tested the car last night.
I put Defi gauges and Greddy bost controler.
IT IS INCREDIBLE !!!!!
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!

Yes, I did.
new brake lines, rotors, ferodo ds 2500 and brf600. better but not much better.

H&R swaybars, H&R springs with Bilstein B8 shock absorbers.

andreitentean said:
In 2 weeks (spent even the holliday in Greece) I haven't seen a stock S3! and believe me I didn't stay in the hotel, Theo (owner of Dynotech) got me out every night , even at ilegal street racing.

........trying to get you out of the hotel eh....? Mate, check your camera when you get home! Sounds like there may be a photo of some Greek guy with your toothbrush up his **** on it! lol

BTW glad you are happy with the IHI, i will be joinig the IHI club next month it seems!

i got out to cyprus a lot and was surprised at their level of tuning pn mitsi's and scoobs, they seem to be on a level above us here in the UK, also a mate of mine works on lancia integrales and they quite often visit greece as again they are ahead of us.