1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you have seen a GATSO picture taken at night

rickquattro Apr 1, 2007

1. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

As per header... If you have seen a photo from a GATSO taken, at night, of the rear of a car....

Is the make and colour of the car easy to see as well as the plate?

Thanks...

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Have you seen how bright the Gatso flashes are lol.

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Hope this pic helps...
    [​IMG]

4. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

Thanks JoJo.. but how do you/police see the plate from that?

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They just zoom in. Can't do it on that small thumbnail, but on the original full res picture it'll be very clear.

6. jojo

Exactly, that was the only pic I could find, I'm sure a proper pic is much bigger and of a higher res.

7. TRS1

TRS1 Topper Harley

The question is, why do are you asking??? :ohmy:

8. Blunteh

Blunteh Member

Remember it takes an infra-red photo as well... so it can see your plate even if it's either cacked with motorway dirt or coated with the special reflective anti-gatso coating....

9. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thought it was only Truvelo's that used infra-red

10. jojo

How does infra-red see your plate, even if it's caked in ***** or anti-gatso spray?, isn't it a heat produced pic, and your number plate will most probably be cold or the same temp right accross, no?

11. Blunteh

Blunteh Member

tbh I didn't think about it too much, just repeated what I read on a webpage :oops: :embarressed: Lazy research, I just assumed they worked like that as otherwise why bother with the IR ?

12. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

Its only truvelo that uses infrared, but it still flashes, it needs to in order to freeze the movement, like an engine timing light.
    And the truvelo uses lines in the road not radar.

13. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

oh has somebody been a naughty boy at night?

14. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

nah not me, just know your enemy...