If the A3 range never existed, what else would you have bought?

Schizophonic

Reaction score
Other than seeing countless "XXXX's count down" threads and just because I've already got mine:p

Lets see what discussion you guys would talk about. If you had to buy or lease a new contract but the A3 never existed, you wanted a hatchback type car but didn't want a saloon or some sort. What else would you have gone for with the money?

For me, prior deciding to the A3, I did consider looking at the Mercedes A-Class or BMW 1 series. Both to me looked good on paper but each had their pros and cons. I would have picked up a 1 series otherwise.

Aston Martin DB 11 Diesel hatchback.

Well, it might have existed.

Golf GTD.

Same here, I was looking at all three; Audi A3, Mercedes A-class & BMW 1 Series.

In the end I went with my 1st choice - Audi A3 Sportback :meeting:

I'm judging from all your Golf R responses you've ordered either the 2.0TDI or S3? Why would you want a 267 beat under your hood?

I'm guessing your more of a petrol head than me when it comes to money saving cost.

Tried all the competition including the two Golfs GTD & GTI, Mercedes A Class, BMW 1 Series and even a Volvo V40 R Design (the one thats splashed everywhere at the moment & pretty good looking too) kept coming back to the A3...finally ordered today, with a build Week 40 :) to boot which even the dealer couldn't believe, should be picking it up last week of October :)) happy days...in answer to your question probably would have waited for the 2014 A4!

Volvo v40 , 2.0 170bhp diesel version or would have waited and saved some pennies for the proposed all new Q3

I demoed a BMW 3 series estate, Volvo V40 and Audi A3!

I chose the A3 Sportback on the basis of the A3 three door as the SB was not out at that time.

A3 is superior to the others in many ways!

12,000 miles later, I'm still enjoying it very much!

Enough said ! :racer:

Or a sirocco

Reactions: paul8852 and TDI-line