1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If i fit a boost gauge - Will it void my warranty?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DamoS3Q, May 25, 2004.

1. DamoS3Q

DamoS3Q Member

Does anyone know this?? Also whilst on the subject, im fitting a new HU and amp and Sub later..does this affect the warranty??

Cheers
  2. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

only if they think it is related to the problem you are having i.e. suspension is not effected by a new HU..........unless they try and pull a fast one and say there is a weight difference etc etc (unlikely, but you get the idea)
  3. cybrey

cybrey Member

Both questions have the same answer.. in that if they can trace any problem your making a claim on the warranty for to something you've changed then you'll invalidate the warranty.

For example if you change the Head Unit and then go back to Audi when your new one fails asking them to replace it .. they'll tell you to bugger off..

But if your alloys develop a defect and all you've done is change the HU then they can't really attribute it to this..

What ever you do you need to becareful cos you can be sure they'll try their hardest to attribute anything you've done to a problem your having.
  4. DamoS3Q

DamoS3Q Member

ok cheers, just wat i thought really. Just needed reasurance.

damo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  5. Quik_S3

Quik_S3 New Member

Heheh, that sounds like something bmw would try pull..

"Excuse me sir but your gearbox blowing up is not covered by warranty because your magic tree MODIFICATION added so much extra weight that the car just couldn't cope"

Not like I have had bad experiance with Bmw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif