1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idle problem

jamspoon1991 Dec 27, 2013

1. jamspoon1991

jamspoon1991 New Member

So today was doing my boost gauge i discconected my battery and when i put it back on and tried starting car it would start up but would struggle to idle properly and most times if i dont apply some throttle it would just cut out ? I havemt ran it on a computer yet wont be able to for a few days.. when i drive its fine till i stop and still cant idle properly but hasnt cut out while i been driving about so can still drive but really need some advice asap please people

2. epox

epox Active Member

Was it OK before you fitted the boost gauge? If it was I would recheck the hoses you cut / disconnected first.

Mark

3. jamspoon1991

jamspoon1991 New Member

I didnt actually didnt start it properlly i got the dash of and everything but had to to take the baby to doctors in the end i didmt cut any hoses my mate cut a wire and he just told me that when he cut a wire he never tool battery off and it sparked at him and then he took it off....... cant get anyone to help properly.... what would that cause a fuse ? Or something ? But all wires are reconeccted as i done them my self when i got back, and the wires we cut was the light switch wires ? If that helps?

4. jamspoon1991

jamspoon1991 New Member

And it was fine before we started today which is why i was stumped on why its doing it ?

5. epox

epox Active Member

Would check the fuses, pull out one by one and check that way you know what goes where... PS disconnect the battery first ! Not sure if a blown fuse would cause a poor idle but you never know.

Mark