idle problem

Nimosonen

Reaction score
Okay, so today when I was going out, I started my car and put it in reverse. When I put it in neutral again the car started to rev from 500 - 1000 rpm idle. It Usualy stays at 700, but it were so uneven. Should I be worried? Just got the car two weeks ago. Audi A3 8L.

Ive had these probles on many cars, i think it nay be a dirty or nakerd MAF, idle controll valve, dirty throttle body... There the first cheap fixes for me, try and get hold of vcds n see if there any codes stored first

I'm sorry, I am new to the car world so I don't understand all the abbreviations.. could you say the full meaning of the words? :)

MAF is mass airflow meter (slightly to the left of the air box at the top connected to the pipe coming from air box, and vcds is a advanced diagnostic

Okay. I havr taken of the engine cover and found a massive oil leak. One of the tubes ar broken... what do I do?
I will clean the MAF.

The hose comes up from the engine or something, and up to the top where I refill the oil. The hose is cut right of! It looks like sabotage actually...

Is it easy to replace the hose? Where can I get partslike that?

Here are some pictures of the broken hoses.

Attachments

• 20130711_002507.jpg
    20130711_002507.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 20130711_002800.jpg
    20130711_002800.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 93
To be honest mate, you may as well get a mechanic out to replace that for you, the pipes in the engine bay can get brittle, as it gets very hot under there and this is known across the range due to materials used. It is quite fiddly and if you are not 100% on whats there, I wouldnt go messing with pipes that may cause you more issues.

I've been seeing a mechanic now, and he will ordered the parts today and will fix the car on Monday :) Thanks though!