1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idiot prefacelift S3 driver in Sheffield

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by 1animal1, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

[Jan 9, 2010]
    Wow.....

I guess this argument,,, errrr 'discussion' started on the S3 forum...!!

I love messing about in big open spaces in the snow, it is great fun and everyone should give it a go, it does help you understand how your car will behave........ It will also help you realise you cannot defy the laws of physics..!

After saying all that,,, I did a little bit to big a tweek of the throttle the other day as I turned into our road (I'm only talking 5mph here BTW), and did a lovely 4 Wheel drift into the kerb and took a chunk out of my front alloy......:redface:
  2. Shades

Shades Member

[Jan 9, 2010]
    Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. I said something to that effect in another thread however it wasn't nearly as concise and well put as that.
  3. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

[Jan 10, 2010]
    Well by pushing my car in the snow ive been sideways for about 4 days ..l but it has tought me how much revs and speed before i lose it ,also what speed and cornering i can do on ice sluch etc ...Ithink It's always good to take your car to the limit's , to know what it can do and by by doing that i feel very comfortable with quattro in normal driving on the ice and snow knowing it takes quite a bit more before it loses it even then i can manage to straighten it up to after all the messing about the past week or so ....
  4. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Jan 11, 2010]
    Best not trying it out on a public road though where there are people you could 'encounter' when you run out of talent.