Identifying S3 Brakes

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify if my new brakes picked up today which are 345mm are actually the S3 ones as the calipers dont have any part numbers or identifying numbers on them, can anyone with an S3 have a look over there's & post any numbers on the calipers, there are some numbers but not from etka thats for sure & the part number on the pads are not in etka anyway but we are sure they're from an S3.

To add to this I have now worked out they are Teves brakes made for audi as they have ATE on them, but whether they are S3 is another matter, seems they would be as largest ones on 8P range.

But still any info/images would be appreciated please chaps.

NHN

Yeah it seems the S3 & 3.2 have 99% identical brake systems, so mine are actually after calling South Africa, Germany the 3.2 version which are just as good as S3's, 345mm discs, same pads, calipers are same mechanics, just asphetically slightly different, as long as they fit/work then who cares, checked with audi they are both £700 upwards so is £300 a good deal??

They are also the same as the R32 brakes.......this is a very popular mod between GTI users!

So straight bolt on then across the Golf 5/TT/8P?

Well, as far as I´ve been researching (I am selling the S3 and getting a TT) it is bolt on, but you will need the rotors, calipers, caliper carriers, dustshields, and new brake lines (you can get stainless ones, it is the best choice).

Ye I got all that, why would yopu research this as the TT comes with the same as the S3 doesnt it?

I had 360mm tarox 10pot on my S3 8L, stop on a dime, discs were like £500 luckily I was able to skim mine professionally, they had braided lines in.

Nop! The 2.0T TT at least does not come with the big brakes!

ah thats a **** then huh

everytime I see that sig image I think those arches are larger, but they're not, gets me each time, lol