Ideas on a new car!

Christopherski

Reaction score
Been toying with the idea of picking up something fast and fun for a few weeks before hopefully buying another b7 3.0 tdi avant. Not got a massive budget, 3-4k ideally something loud that makes a god noise!

So far i've looked at;
Ibiza 1.8 20vt
Leon 1.8 20vt
TT 1.8 20vt and 3.2
S3 1.8 20vt (lots of 20vt cars!)
R33 Gtst skyline
Rx7
Rx8
Supra
Anyone got any other ideas/recommendations or has any info on the ones listed?

Cheers!

Some of those cars with the budget you've quoted will be absolute dogs imo & I can't see them running very well for a few weeks without some money being spent on them (specifically the Supra & R33 Skyline imho).

What about a Honda Civic Type R (EP3)?
Lot's available within your budget and it's a good, reliable, quick fwd car. I had one for 3 years and bar a few mods & normal service items (like tyres, oil etc) I spent nothing on it. One of the most reliable cars I've had with decent handling plus VTEC is quite fun if you haven't experienced it. ;)

If I was you I'd try a search on Pistonheads or Autotrader with a set maximum price & set 0-60 time (eg: under 8 secs) just to see what pops up that might take your fancy.

Oh yes, EP3 is a great car and for that money you'd get a decent one. I do not think you'll lose much in terms of depreciation either if you look after it. Cheap to run, great modding option if you are into that and handling that's so much fun. I almost bought one for the Mrs if it wasn't for the look - wasn't 'cute' enough, so had to settle for a R56 Mini Cooper S.

Speaking of which, a R53 Mini Cooper S is an epic car too in that price bracket (running costs could be a bit higher though), so if size or stigma is not an issue then could be a great option. I love taking the wife's car out for an occasional hoon now and then :racer: