1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for this summer

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by WilkyA3, Jun 7, 2012.

1. WilkyA3

WilkyA3 Member

Got my car back in March, been doing lots of reading and getting lots of ideas, unfortunately without breaking the bank things aint happening.

I really want 19's and had an idea about painting my 18's bronze (BMW Sepang Bronze) with a matt laquer. This idea comes from the JDM world as bronze on black seems very popular. Just want to put my stamp on it without spending a fortune for this summers shows.

Heres the colour in question.[​IMG]

and heres the colour on a golf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I've done a little photoshop that i think looks a little darker to see what you all think, but i guess it will be like marmite! Please note 50mm springs will be purchased soon, just deciding between H&R and Eibach.[​IMG]<br><br>[​IMG]

All opinions welcome!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kelvin_S

Kelvin_S Member

Not to my taste, but I guess it would look nice. Photoshop not helping, looks like dirty alloys

4. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

I don't think bronze will work on black, might look a bit chavy.

Gunmetal/anthracite is safe and always looks well against black

Nice sport back BTW

5. WilkyA3

WilkyA3 Member

Thats what i thought originally then i found the golf, remember i'm going for the matt finish too, i think with the big flat spokes with the metallic and the matt it could all look good. I guess the beauty is i could paint them back.

6. WilkyA3

WilkyA3 Member

Cheers, looking at this pic i think i should lower it first and then go from there, just not real keen on black/dark on black cars, then again i'm not a fan of gold wheels which bronze more or less is! Undecided still!

[​IMG]

7. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

The golf works because of the colour combo, but bronze and black doesn't work with the fat spokes. There's no harm in trying I guess. And my choice would be the eibach sportline springs. The 50-40 drop just sits nicely IMO. I'd save the money you'd spend on spraying the wheels and get some spacers so they sit nicer in the arches. If you do spray them I think you'll need to do something to tie in the roof rails.

8. Sheikh

Sheikh Member

Go with Anthracite! My cousin had an A4 Cab with wheels in that colour and they looked decent.

9. WilkyA3

WilkyA3 Member

Now theres an idea! I know what you mean about the golf, i can't find anything similar anywhere on a black audi.

Was his cab black? Any pics?

10. WilkyA3

WilkyA3 Member

See i think this looks awesome, these are reps but i'd be well happy with that look! they're 19's though which is the dream!

[​IMG]

11. Sheikh

Sheikh Member

Looks very tidy mate, do it! I think the poor photoshop just put people off.

12. poli84

poli84 Member

Always loved that A3 with the VMRs in anthracite. Before i got my first A3, i had that pic as my desktop background.
    Wrong wheels for bronze, as others have said, i think thin spokes are better suited.
    Anthracite on your wheels would look great (or get the VMRs in 19" anthracite. Not an expensive wheel by any means.

13. WilkyA3

WilkyA3 Member

Cheers guys I think you've made me realise it will look turd! What do we think about Matt finish with anthracite? Or do the big spokes deserve a nice gloss finish?

14. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A5 quattro

you could always try shadow chrome as that would have the same effect as the bronze but a better colour match with black

15. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways