1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ice Silver - Pearlescent?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Spook, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Spook

Spook Member

Having now washed my new Ice Silver S3 and seen it (for the first time) clean in bright sunlight, I am more convinced than ever that this colour is in fact pearlescent rather than metallic.

Would anyone else with an Ice Silver car care to comment?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

It does look it but as far as I'm aware its just a name change from Metallic

4. a3norwich

a3norwich Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Well, according to both the online configurator and current brochure, it is listed as a "metallic" colour and not pearl effect.

Rumour has it the name was changed to make it a bit more "funky", but don't know if that's true!

5. Spook

Spook Member

Hey Jam, you would say that wouldn't you, being a metallic silver owner...:)

Just while you're on, could you remind me about the wheel spacers you put on your (admittedly fine looking) machine - was it 10mm front, 15mm rear, and what was the make and supplier?

6. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Those are the ones mate, H + R Hubcentric ones. Dont forget the longer bolts too.

Damian from DPM on this site supplied the rear ones as i already had the 10mm ones from my old S3! Give him a shout as he can beat most quotes.