1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ice Scraper

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Wrath, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I've now got some irritating light scratches on my windscreen that I am assuming is down to my ice scraper. Does anyone recommend a particular ice scraper that hasn't caused them problems?

Anyone know if Autoglass are likely to push for a new windscreen rather than fixing the scratches?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Jonay

Jonay Member

Find one that has a hard edge and a "squeegy" rubber (window cleaner style) edge to it, use the hard edge for really stubborn ice that wont budge after trying with the squeegy edge & heating the windscreen prior to trying helps a bunhc, even if the ice doesnt melt, a layer of water will form between the ice and screen and it'll just slide off.

Just be patient in future!

Put Tesco do a really good example of the above description.. a little big but its really good. looks like this, but is made from plastic and is wither red;blue;green and has a hard edge along with the squeegy

[​IMG]

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

i just never use 1
    just let it warm up

5. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

+1 - Set the alarm for 10 minutes earlier in the winter

6. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

Suppose I haven't tried just letting it defrost using the demisters, tried it with my old Leon but it took 30 minutes!

7. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

I have a scraper with a rubber squeegie strip to, if its really cold I start up and let it warm up. I hate using de-icer.......

8. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

9. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

I set my dual heaters to 'HI' and it took 10 minutes, just enough time to grab a cup of tea before I leave for work